From the mouths of babes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the mouths of babes

I've not been having a very good night tonight, worst one for a while actually. I dont really know what triggers a tough one. Anyway the usual routine now if im wanting a drink is to get in a hot bath with a drink of coke (still craving sugar) and put some music on.
    Having 5 kids its very unusual to be able to get a bath without one of them needing the toilet. Tonight it was Kai, my 7 yr old. He noticed my drink of coke on the side when he'd finished and said mmm that looks nice which is Kai~anese for "Dad give us a bit of your coke"
    So after finishing the glass after i said he could have a sip he gave me a kiss and said "You don't have beer in your coke anymore do you" (when he used to ask me for a sip i had to say no as there was more vodka than coke in the glass) "No mate i dont"..."Thats good dad" he said.." Your kinder when you dont drink beer".. Then he toddled of out the bathroom leaving me thinking did he mean in general or with my coke. I had to smile thinking either way.. Its a good thing
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

From the mouths of babes

Nice one Mack.

Comment

From the mouths of babes

Hey, Macks!!!

We've missed you on here.

How the hell have you been?

I can identify with what you've posted.

For me, the ultimate moment is when I kiss my daughter goodnight, and we tell each other how much we love one another. I usually missed that, because I would be passed out already.

My son doesn't do kisses any more (he's 12), but I get a tight hug every night.

They make it all worth it don't they?
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

From the mouths of babes

It does Tip, it does to me. The anxiousness has eased off now. It passes, it always does eventually. Not been on much latley because i have been trying to make my house a home.
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

From the mouths of babes

It is worth it Mackeral. Great story.

Kai~anese-That is HILARIOUS :H:H:H Love it

DLA:h
          Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
          Sir Walter Scott
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

From the mouths of babes

Nice to see you Macks,

Yep no more drinking mummy's 'medicine'

J x
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

From the mouths of babes

Hi Mac

Great to hear you are doing well. I have great respect for you in remembering that you were willing to do what ever it took to get al out of your life. You never gave up.
              Way to Go!!!

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              AF 5-16-08
              Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              AF 5-16-08

Comment

From the mouths of babes

Oh, Mack, we aren't fooling them, even the tiny babes. So sad, really, but their eyes are so clear and their hearts are so pure, we SHOULD listen to them. You gave him a special blessing, you know. Good to see you.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

From the mouths of babes

You couldn't script that Macks - I write those little gems down in the back of my journal!!
                  I'm a much nicer Mummy without the booze (even thought they still drive me crazy occasionally!)
                  Good to see you.
                  xo

Comment

From the mouths of babes

Aww, that is great Mack!!!!
                    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

From the mouths of babes

Macks ......... I have missed you here very much .........

That made me smile ............. thanks and please keep in touch xxxx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                      X