MWOers in the UK check in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you folks! Sounds like it's pretty horrible out there, Most of Joe's family is in Mid to Southern Ireland but I want to call them, maybe set our clock and wake up to do so. It being 8 hours difference.

Please check in, I and a lot of others are worried about you folks. :besafe:

Hi Hart,
    We live in Cumbria, i have never seen rain like it. Our house hasnt been effected (thank god)but my daughters friends house has water upto her window. And a policeman from a village not too far has been found dead.Kids have all been off school as the lanes are flooded.
    The stupid thing is that there will proberly be a hosepipe ban next summer.
    If we spent as much on drains and sea defence as we did on status an tourism there wouldnt be a problem.
    The Mackeral family are dry, fed and watered.
    Thanks for the concern Hart:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

I'm with Hart, we're missing you guys! Mack, always good to see you above water. And glad the fam is high and dry. Can you pass it on?
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Where I am is fine, South East and inland, a lot of wind though for around five days now. As mackeral says Cumbria seems to be the worst it's been on the news all day, and such a shame about the policeman.
        I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Fine here in the South West, lot's of rain and wind this time last week though.

The latest is that the policeman was responding to an emergency call from someone stuck on the bridge, which then collapsed. What on earth were they doing out in those conditions?

S

Comment

Hi Hart,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Believe it or not a beautiful day in the N.E. England.

Cumbria only about 70 miles away is going through some awful conditions. Love the area.

Tragic about the policeman. What were this family thinking of.

J x
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm not long back from a trip down to Nottingham (Yes! I passed Sherwood Forest too!) On the way back I heard the news about what was happening with the roads etc and the death of that policeman in Cumbria. It was probably the reason why we couldn't get through the horse shoe pass over the Peak District earlier on this morning because of it being flooded I guess. Many accidents on the way back too due to the bad weather conditions and we passed a few on the motorway we were on. (hence why I'm back so late!) Traffic was horrendous!! Mother Nature is just letting us all know who's boss! Glad to hear peeps are OK though and doing well.

Love and Light
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
              X