• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sick and tired

drylifeahead : that did hit home. thank you

Comment

sick and tired

Any time jaxx,

I've no personal experience with pills. Indeed I also have an addictive personality, so I know I could not use that method. Many on here have had enormous success going that way with NO consequences. Thay can help you there.
      Oh boy, give me strength when I find something new that is delicious..I obsess about it...:H

DLA :h:l
      Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
      Sir Walter Scott
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

sick and tired

thanks guys for the advise. i wonder though... no one ever uses the chat; why not? sometimes i just want to vent, to talk, to ask advise with an answer right away. is there anyone out there who can be my sponsor; anyone i can count on to listen when i need a shove?

Comment

sick and tired

Hi Jaxx,
          I'm a 30 year drinker and I am now on day 5 AF.I couldn't ever stop. Then back in October I finally decided something had to give. Couldn't keep going drinking, not remembering, blacking out, saying stupid things, embarassing myself. So.....................................Yes, read the book, it worked wonders for me. I also ordered the supps, hypnos and have Topamax. So far I'm doing it cold turkey. Sups and hypnos haven't arrived (I think there lost in transit). Filled the script but each day I say to myself just try one more day without. Far out this is the hardest thing I have ever done. But I'm going one day at a time. No drink in the house, no socializing. Hey, I'm climbing the walls, it's bloody hard. So Jaxx, start with the book most definatley, lets us know how you feel after that. best wishes Penelope
          Whatever your mind believes becomes reality, whether it is reality or not.

Comment

sick and tired

:welcome: Jaxx and glad you're here. I think it makes sense to get a solid plan together to stop or control your drinking. Just saying you're going to drink moderately until January 3rd won't likely get you there. Sounds like you have been concerned about this for some time now.

I would recommend starting sooner rather than later. If you have a goal to drink moderately eventually, there is lots of support for that here, but I would guess from reading posts that many people who attempt moderation try to do so after getting a bit of time off the booze. The book is surely helpful. In my experience, people will come to chat if you make a post in the Need Help ASAP section and ask for a chat. Everyone is on different time zones, so it seems there is someone online most times.

Perhaps you can develop a plan with a bit more detail if you sit down before you start drinking for the day to think about it -- that helped me. Also, talking with others in chat helped me too, but ultimately it is your decision. There is so much support here and many ways to go about it.

Best of luck!

Comment

sick and tired

PS...:goodjob: Penelope!

Comment

sick and tired

ditto Lodestar :goodjob: pps.

X
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sick and tired

Jax, you see, you have found your group. The wonderful people here, who are struggling with their own problems, have found that reaching out is SO therapeutic to us. You have some good plans, and you're HERE. No matter what happens, keep trying, keep reaching out. One day you will find your 'secret'. You have a good start, planning a date. Now, get the rest of your plan in place. The feeling of power over this thing is so amazing. And stay here, please.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

sick and tired

Jaxx,
                    I will be right there with you when you quit in January. I know it would be better to just quit now but I have so many social engagements between now and the New Year that I have decided to wait until then.

Thought it was quite "poetic" and inciteful of you to say that you don't know who you will be if you are not the jaxx that drinks. I think that too. Alcohol has been such a part of me for so many years that I cannot imagine my life without it. I will say this though. The times that I have given it up for two or three weeks, I am amazed at the clarity of thinking and the joyful feelings that I have. It's like I am experiencing the real me. I always wonder why I would so easily slip back and give up that positive way of living.

Anyway, I will be checking in here, more to just read the postings and then will "see" you in January.

Comment

Working...
                    X