Gettin Along 5 Days Strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF 5 days now. I'm really stoked with myself. Never thought i'd get this far. It's the weekend but I got my days full. Would've loved a beer midday ish, but got through it. Went and had a swim instead. Sometimes I hop on MWO forum, see what my support team are up to. Yes, thats you, without you I wouldn't be this far. Just reading other peoples stuff really heaps. So no wine or Baileys for me tonight. YEEHARR!!!! I'm still going cold turkey. No sups or hypos arrived yet, very delayed, hmm. Got topa, but reluctant to start. Whats with that! Have always chomped at the bit to have anything that will help. I have climbed the walls a bit at night. Around that stressy dinner time, and the relax time afterwards. Experienced headaches daily and nightly. Such tightness in the head I think it's going to explode. Of course it doesn't. The last 2 mornings have woken up without AL on my mind, but true to form, AL hasn't been far away, and has got back in to my head space. Surley I can wear him out. It will be a life long mission I know. So for tonight I am proud of 5 days and for tomorrow I'm going to conquer day 6.
    Take care one and all
    Penelope xx
    Whatever your mind believes becomes reality, whether it is reality or not.

Well done Penelope keep up the good work you are doing great.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Fantastic Penny,

5 days without AL and with no supps.
      I think the worst withdrawals are probably over now.

I hope you realize YOU have done this.

Know absolutely zero about Top. I just tend to rely on good old chocolate when I get the glass of Pinot Grigio floating round my brain. Thankfully not in my hand. But is getting less and less.

:goodjob:

Love Jackie xxx

:l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Your doing great Penelope,
        Weekends are a test but you are aware of that, distracting yourself with swimming and other activities really helps doesnt it. Your doing fantastic and you sound so positive. Keep that positivity at the very front of your mind and dont let doubt creep in as it tends to get you when you least expect it. God knows i talked myself into a drink a few times.
        Keeping checking in Penelope you doing great.
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

PPS, very happy to read your positive post. Doing all the right things and making it through the hard times. It is great to wake up not hungover. You are healing more and more everyday. You are helping others to heal by sharing your experiences. Thanks so much. Hope and strength.:h
          Redhibiscus

Comment

Great job!! You're sounding strong!!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good job Penelope!
              Stay strong this weekend - it's worth it
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Great job Penelope...
                I did it the same way, cold turkey and it was not without its ups and downs. But it can be done, my new birthday was Jan 27th 09 and so far this year I have had 2 very and I mean very minor slip ups but with out the desire to go back to what was. I am pressing on and loving what this new lifestyle has brought to me personally and professionally.
                Stay strong, you can do this....
                FT
                AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Fantastic Penelope,
                  We all have to start somewhere! The voice of al does not go quietly, but in time, it does get softer and less frequent. When I get a craving instead of ignoring it, I try to address and see what's going on with me. Sometimes it's just habit, sometimes it comes out of the blue. Keep up your good work.
                  AF since 2/4/10
                  Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                  FINALLY FREE

Comment

Congratulations, Penelope! You're doing great - keep sticking with it, minute by minute if it comes to that. Sounds like you've got a great plan, which is a big part of it. By the time your CDs and supplements get there, you'll have a huge head start. Keep it up!
                    Much love! :h
                    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Wonderful work, Penelope! So very happy for you. Thanks for posting your progress!

Comment

Well done Penelope, FIVE DAYS IS A FANTASTIC ACHIEVEMENT. Just take it one day at a time and they will soon add up.
                        A F F L..
                        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Working...
                        X