just wanted to share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wanted to share

this is nothing to do with alcohol really altho I have managed 1 af free night last night for the first time in month's, but I wanted to share some thing wonderful that happened this weekend, my son who has Down's syndrome was 21 on Thursday, it was quite an emotional time, he has said so many thing;s over the year's that he would like to do when he grow's up, drive a car buy his own flat, none of which will happen, but he also said he wanted to be an actor, and this weekend he lived his dream, 2 day's after his 21st birthday he a was starring in a short film that is up for the Cannes festival next year, everyone on set were so wonderful to him and at the end everyone cheered and clapped my son, he high fived everyone and I don't think there was a dry eye in the place, I am crying now thinking about it, I just wanted to share this with everyone here, instead of my usual moans,love and hug's Tawnywitch
    Twitch

just wanted to share

Hi Tawny,

it's good to hear some positives.
    very pleased to hear it.
    good luck.

Comment

just wanted to share

How wonderful. More lovely experiences surely await him.
      I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

just wanted to share

awww how lovely Tawnywitch I am so happy for you and your son, you must be busting with pride! Happy belated birthday to your son and a well done to you for your AF day x

Comment

just wanted to share

What a lovely thing to have happen Tawnywitch. You must be very proud of him.

Comment

just wanted to share

I am sooo proud of him, you know when he was born, I thought my life was over but thru him I have met the most wonderful, amazing people and altho some times my heart does break, mostly now it is with pride and joy,off to get the tissues again, actually I have flu and am hugging a hot water bottle and a cat feeling very weak which could explain why I keep crying, never mind at least I feel no inclination to drink I feel so sick, every cloud as they say,
            Twitch

Comment

just wanted to share

oh Tawny,

Your :h must be bursting with pride.

J x
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

just wanted to share

Tawny what a lovely heartwarming story for a Monday morning. I am happy for you and your family on what must be a very proud occasion. And of course a belated happy birthday to your son.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

just wanted to share

fantastic, im so happy for him and you .

Comment

just wanted to share

Thats a lovely story Tawny, sometimes the most amazing tales of inspiration come from the most unexpected sources. Thanks for sharing this.
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

just wanted to share

Great story Tawny. Your love shines through him. Keep the good vibes going and more positives things will come into your life.

Hugs to you and son.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

just wanted to share

Thanks for that tawny
                        best wishes to and your son.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

just wanted to share

That's a great story, Tawny. How great that your son got to "live his dream"!!
                          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

just wanted to share

Ahhh..... Tawny thanks for sharing the depth of the human spirit.
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

just wanted to share

Wow, Tawny! Just, Wow! That is HUGE!
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                              X