One Year Anniversary !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Year Anniversary !!

:thanks: TO RJ and her wonderful program, I just celebrated my one year anniversary. My goal was moderation and at first I abstained, then slowly began to allow myself a drink here or there. It has not been a picnic, and there are still some days when I feel like "just getting loaded" but I am able to talk myself out of it, which I could never accomplish before.
    I have been sober (meaning moderate drinks but never got drunk) and have not had a hangover in a year - which is completely amazing !! I don't keep alcohol in the house, so I plan for allowing myself a "special drink" and I have to go to the store and get it. I buy the minimum amount I plan to drink that day/weekend, which is usually 2 wine coolers (no more using a shopping cart !)
    I lost 30 pounds in total and am stable at my weight. Can't even guess at the amount of money I have saved in the year. I still listen to the CDs but stopped the Topa in the spring. Its just good to know it is there should I ever need it again in the future
    Not to say all my issues are solved, but I am working with my doctor and have started counselling for anxiety and depression - for which I self-medicated for years with alcohol. We all know how well that turns out !! :upset:

So thanks again and to everyone starting out, I hope you get some strength from my story.

One Year Anniversary !!

Right Arm!! Sobbermom!! :thanks: For sharing your joy with us! What an inspiring story!! CONGRATULATIONS!!:l

I was just thinking about how I haven't had to "call-in" sick or "dead" or anything... in 9..(almost 10 mo. now!) Big HUGE change!
    We are living proof! This can work! Thanks RJ!!And everyone here!:h :H
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

:happy: nothing else needs to be said

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

Living up to your name.....1 whole year.....Well done...Love Macks
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

That is so inspirational!! Congratualtions and thanks for sharing !! Hugs, Mary

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

Thanks for sharing. It inspired me also.......
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

Congrats, Sobermom!

It's been wonderful to have you here. Here's a little something to help you celebrate. Just one slice, of course--don't want to mess up that svelte new figure of yours. :-)

Thanks so much for sharing and keep up the excellent work!

Best,

RJ Attached files [img]/converted_files/140075=13-attachment.jpg[/img]
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

Congratulations!

Sobermom, you are an inspiration. Congratulations, and thanks so much for sharing your story!

Barb

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

Well done.
                  Enough is enough

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

Happy Anniversary!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/140140=14-attachment.jpg[/img]
                    :h :h :h :h

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

sobermom:

What impressive resolve, determination, and courage.

One year.

My one year point is coming into view this December.

You have helped me see it more clearly with your words.

Congratulations, and be sure to reward yourself with the best.

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

Terriric Sobermom!!!!! You are an inspiration. Great job Ivy

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

Congradulations. I know how hard this has been for me, and I think getting help with the self medication is a smart move. You have done a great job, I am proud for you

I've been away so long I don't know how to use the new site.

God Bless,
                          Bear
                          What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                          ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

Great job!
                            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

One Year Anniversary !!

Congrats to you, Sobermom. Glad you're here!

Gloria

Comment

Working...
                              X