Intervention tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intervention tonight?

did anyone catch "Intervention" tonight ? It was a rerun I believe .. Allison, the huffer. This was the most disturbing one I've ever seen ... I think because she is so hideously selfish. I know the conventional wisdom is that addicts are selfish ... but I think that's a huge generalization . anyone?
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Intervention tonight?

I saw it, very troubling, very sad.
    Last week was the mouthwash woman.

Those were the two worse cases..can't imagine a deeper hell.

I pray for them, and wish them all the strength to conquer their demons. Tough life for most-right from the getgo.

DLA:h
    Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
    Sir Walter Scott
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Intervention tonight?

link please
      life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Intervention tonight?

Oh yes, I've seen both of them. The woman w/ the mouthwash freaked me out! I have never been exposed to anyone with that level of addiction. I guess having a physical addiction is hell as I don't believe any woman would sacrifice their young childrens emotional well being unless they had completely lost control. I too, hope she is doing well in recovery. Her husband was a Saint.
        AF since 2/4/10
        Nicotine free since 3/31/10
        FINALLY FREE

Comment

Intervention tonight?

I know shirazgirl! Just horrible. I 'get' addictions of AL, and because of that, can understand addictions to drugs.
          Not to get off topic but then there are the Hoarders, who lose/almost lose their kids? I can't wrap my head around the inability
          to not be able to throw junk out like empty water bottles, empty pens, rubber bands. And having all of it strewn all over
          the place so you can't see the floor.
          Wonder if a Hoarder would be considered an addiction, or mental illness. Not that it matters...but interesting.

As for being selfish, I think that it so completely takes over their world, their life, that it's hard to think of anything BUT
          where you're going to get your next 'fix'. The nature of addiciton..just awful!!
          DLA
          Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
          Sir Walter Scott
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X