Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Day 6, and I feel down...

Hi everyone,

I am new here, I am on day 6 of my detoxification.
    I just feel sad, lost, lonely, ughhh.... you probably know the feeling.
    I have so much support, my loving husband, my two wonderful children (6 and 8 yrs).
    What more could I ask for ??

But, still, since my change, things feel different.... and I can't really put my finger on it.
    I am a creative person (photography), and it seems w/out the alcohol, all inspiration has left me.

I am not used to not having drank several beers and some Jim Beam by now.
    I was fantasizing (only a little) about how it would be so nice to go to "that" place..... luckily, I am on detox meds, so I know I can't.

Ughhhhhh................

just take it easy your only day 6 your body and mind are still changing .. keep on taking the meds and just try and keep yourself busy .. with your kids , read a book anything hell start cooking turkey okmaybe not the turkey .. but pies are good .. good luck and you will do fine
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thanks, tlrgs.

Comment

Welcome lrb123

First I want to give a big congrats on being AF for six day, wow way to go. Secondly, yes this feeling you are having is the withdrawal alcohol and trust me it will subside. Just TRY to recognize it as a "temporary" mood and understand that you will have days that are great and days that are not so great. When I start to feel like that, I really push myself to be thankful that I am not drinking and/or sometimes I will think of that awful feeling I had after being on a binge or making an ass out of myself while being drunk, wow now that was a real concrete feeling of being lost and lonely.

Anywho, hang in there and try to think of ways you can make yourself feel better when these kind of feelings arise and don't be so hard on yourself for having feelings....you are very much entitled to have them, we all are, we just are not entitled to get drunk over them. Hope this kind of helps and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Lots of hugs,
        Janet
        AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Thank you Janet.
          It means so much to me to have your input and it helps me to realize that this is part of the deal.
          Even though today was a tough one, dealing with the romantasicm of the alcohol is part of that lonely feeling, now that it's going away.
          I know it's for the health of my body and my family, but I have a selfish mind right now.....
          AND.... I can't wait till that part goes away !!!!!
          How long does the alcohol withdrawal take?
          How long before my brain re-wires itself?

Thanks

Comment

Well.... I made it through Day 6, I just woke up, and I feel great !!!!!
            Hello Day 7 !!!!!!!

Comment

It will get easier with time. You can do it.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

lrb, congrats on making it a week - do you know how AWESOME that is? You should be very proud of yourself. I wish you every happiness in your journey into sobriety.

Hugs,

-P.
                Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Thanks so much, P and DriftyAlison !!!
                  It's so great to know I can make friends here and that it is a safe place to be.... to vent, to, cry, to share the joys of accomplishing another day of sobriety !
                  Thanks so much !!!
                  Read my latest post about making it through to day 7
                  Hugs,

lrb

Comment

Working...
                  X