OK last minute check list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK last minute check list .. first i would like to say just do your best.. that's all you can do.. remember you have your family and friends to keep you busy and happy .. play games ,drink lots of water ,tea, coffee ,soda , eat lots of turkey ,ham and lots of stuffing ..and cant forget the pies.. but most of all make this a goal to get pass .. you can do anything you set your mind too ..
    and to any that might want to drink .. please be safe and think before you drink ... you only have one life make the most of it ..

peace love and good will to all
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Thanks T. And remember, too, this is a day to give THANKS. If it's for 1 week, 1 day, 1 hour of sobriety, give thanks for that, and for IS good in your life. Don't focus on the negatives. Don't 'do it because it's what we've always done'. This is YOUR Thanksgiving, maybe your first chance for a sober one. Give thanks for that.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Great post Mr. T.

I was just thinking that if a non-alcoholic read your post they would probably say...Yea..duh...what else are you supposed to do on Thanksgiving.

For us Alkies though it is a good reminder what Thanksgiving is supposed to be about. Not an opportunity to drink too much and make an A** out of ourselves.

Come on everyone....Group effort here!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

T or Ruby - my family will be coming to my house for Thanksgiving and my sister is so excited about some kind of "dessert wine" she is bringing........I truly don't want to even taste it and was thinking that I could say I can't drink because of medicine I am on - but my Mom & sister are nurses....I can't say my tummy isn't feeling well if I am eating dinner...........any suggestions? I have no desire to let even one little drop touch my lips - I am that scared that I will backslide. Thanks to both of you!
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Looking forward to actually remembering the day!
          Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
          That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
          Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
          Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Thanks... I am going to read over this checklist again before I go over to my Aunt's house tomorrow for Thanksgiving.
            There is no doubt going to be beer in view... and a couple of alcoholic relatives.
            I WILL be the one Alkie that WON'T be drinking those damn drinks.... damn I miss them.
            OH WELL,
            Go over checklist again.,..
            I CAN DO THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Grateful;764219 wrote: T or Ruby - my family will be coming to my house for Thanksgiving and my sister is so excited about some kind of "dessert wine" she is bringing........I truly don't want to even taste it and was thinking that I could say I can't drink because of medicine I am on - but my Mom & sister are nurses....I can't say my tummy isn't feeling well if I am eating dinner...........any suggestions? I have no desire to let even one little drop touch my lips - I am that scared that I will backslide. Thanks to both of you!
              Take them aside, tell them you love them, but you are really not feeling like drinking alcohol, and try to let it go at that. If they are still curious, you don't OWE them an explanation, but go ahead if you can and let them know you're concerned about your intake, and you're just not drinking for a while. I should hope they will respect that. Best of luck to you.
              Rubes
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

well grateful ditto what ruby said and also you can say your the designated driver.. and you sound like you know what you want and thats the key too..you will do just fine.. eat lots of food and hang with the kids and also rememeber to rent some movie's just in case it rains tomorrow
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thank you both...........I don't know why I am so scared. I am almost 50 years old - you would think that I would learn to not care what they say - well, you know what I mean!! Not that I don't care - but not let it bother me, I guess. Anyway, I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am very thankful this year that I am AF and very, very thankful for all of you. Sending hugs to you and your families!
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Working...
                  X