Army Thread 26th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiptronic_ct;764808 wrote: Mixed feelings, Rubes...

My day was rather crappy, to tell the truth.

But it was great to see my brother. I know its going to sound silly, but I was nervous about it...
    How so, Hon?
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

KTAB;764810 wrote: Hardly.

Why were you nervous about meeting with your brother?
      I'm still unsure of myself in my new skin?
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

rubywillow;764811 wrote: How so, Hon?
        I'm going through this whole process of dealing with childhood shit with my shrink...

And there we were tonight, both products of the same childhood, but we came out of it so differently...

Not one better or the other worse, just different.
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Confidence will come given time. Are you not a new much improved Tip and nicer to be around?

I rest my case M'Lord.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

KTAB;764814 wrote: Confidence will come given time. Are you not a new much improved Tip and nicer to be around?

I rest my case M'Lord.
            Point taken, but I was kinda looking on as an impartial observer... Trying to see the old roles in a new setup...

I'm being clear as mud, I know...
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

KTAB;764814 wrote: Confidence will come given time. Are you not a new much improved Tip and nicer to be around?

I rest my case M'Lord.
              And as bad as it got... my family (other than Mrs. T) have no idea, really.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I understand what you mean but you cant second guess how your brother saw you then or now, unless you are totally open with each other. I would suspect he is highly delighted to see the new you.

Comment

Anyhooo... let me not get too analytical.

We'll see how the weekend with them goes

My SIL used to be addicted to sleeping tabs. Maybe we can exchange experiences :H
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;764817 wrote: And as bad as it got... my family (other than Mrs. T) have no idea, really.
                    I used to think that about myself but have come to realise people saw way more than I realised. For one they were sober while I was looking through a fog, so how could I judge? I am not saying that is the case with you, how could I know, but I suspect it may have been.

Comment

tiptronic_ct;764819 wrote: Anyhooo... let me not get too analytical.

We'll see how the weekend with them goes

My SIL used to be addicted to sleeping tabs. Maybe we can exchange experiences :H
                      War stories, Tips. Is she open about it? If so, yeah, talk about it.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

KTAB;764818 wrote: I understand what you mean but you cant second guess how your brother saw you then or now, unless you are totally open with each other. I would suspect he is highly delighted to see the new you.
                        What WAS quite funny, was seeing him get rather tipsy on 3/4 of a bottle of wine over three hours.

The man has no stamina!!!

Mrs. T even remarked that the nice thing about us is that we're never mean drunks
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

KTAB;764820 wrote: I used to think that about myself but have come to realise people saw way more than I realised. For one they were sober while I was looking through a fog, so how could I judge? I am not saying that is the case with you, how could I know, but I suspect it may have been.
                          I suspect you're right - which will go a long way toward explaining how I felt. Trying to be "natural" - when I was actaully being myself for the 1st time in God knows how long...
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Lightweight

Comment

"Lightweight" was to the 3/4 post btw.
                              We will have to stop talking across each other like this

Comment

rubywillow;764821 wrote: War stories, Tips. Is she open about it? If so, yeah, talk about it.
                                I'm afraid not, Rubes. Its all conveniently forgotten beneath the veneer by now...

Don't get me wrong, she is really nice, but she won't talk openly about it now. Its all very stigmatised...
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X