So ill today, not hungover....ill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've felt like this before over the past couple of years. I think my liver has had enough. I've been hitting it pretty hard lately and not getting enough sleep. I have been making an effort with my diet and exercise though. I feel like I have been poisoned today. Horid nausea and liver pains. I didn't have that much last night either, maybe 9 units. Most days I drink more than that. God help me tonight and tomorrow. I have a birthday party and a wedding to go to. I just feel like going to bed. I'm 35 and I feel 65.

Hi nurby, i think your whole body is telling you you have had enough.you say you have been making an effort with your diet and exercise,you need to make more of an effort with your drinking,as in not drinking,you need to stop and give your mind & body some space to think.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Go drink some salt water - it always helps me

Comment

Nurby;764966 wrote: I didn't have that much last night either, maybe 9 units. Most days I drink more than that.
        Hey Nurby, it's funny how our brains work. I'm not going to downplay how much I drank anymore...I'm trying to see it for what it was, destructive & highly dangerous. I'm saying this because 9 units in a night is a lot...I know where you're coming from - there was a time when a bottle of wine was virtual abstinence to me.
        Take it easy at the party & the wedding.

xo

Comment

Nurby I know exactely how you feel, my whole body is screaming for me to stop, soon I hope I truly do, booze sucks period, but your not alone. I know one thing for sure being an alcoholic DOES NOT make you a bad person.
          BB

Comment

Nurby, BB, there's a big wall in front of you. You can stay on this side, and drink, until it's too late. That is a fact. I say this without sugar-coating because we, I, care, about each person who comes here. But your heart has got to be in this fight for your lives. That wall is the hardest thing any one of us climbs, and then there is a constant vigil, but it is easier to fight with a clear head, and the knowledge we are becoming our real self every day. Go to 'Tell Us Your Story', and read tlrgs story. I bump it up a lot, because many of us consider him an inspiration. He has saved lives here, as have others (Starting Over, for one). This place is full of people who care, and have walked through hell. You can do this thing if they did. Just how much you want it will determine the outcome. I'm here for you, if I can help in any way.
            Rubes
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks guys. Party....got smashed, wedding got more smashed. I didn't have anything yesterday for the first time in a long time. Probably 2 years since my last day AF. It's my sister's b'day today and we are going out, but I have decided to drink orange juice. Hopefully I can give my liver a rest.

Comment

Working...
              X