Bad work performance!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad work performance!!

Well the other day i got call in the manger offices and said if i wanted a rep to represent me, because what they are about to say is very serious i said no because i feel i have done nothing wrong,well i was stocked and scared because they said that i have lost them nearly 200 pounds have gone missing in the last few weeks on my til under my password . I know im no theft but it sure did feel like it :upset: they were both good to me but said i have to be more aware of what im doing and if i have a problem to come and see them. The only think i can put this down to is my drinking this has never happen to me b4 and i know im not 100 percent alert in what im doing.... what made it worst yesterday a customer said they give me 20 pounds i thought the customer give me 10 but for that split second i cant remember so now they have to do a til check on my checkout........so i have been feeling really paranoid right now. Why is this happening Now and not last year?
    i know i drink everyday but dont go over board thinking that im moderating who im i kidding??? myself i think..
    Thanks for reading i know i have been here now over 2years you think i would have learn something by now!!!!!!!!!
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Bad work performance!!

Hi Catch,

Well, it sounds as though they know you didn't steal the money because they would have just sacked you on the spot if they thought you had. And they obviously like you because they are giving you a second chance.

The question is: what are you going to do with your second chance? Is your job more important than drinking or is drinking more important than your job?

We have choices, and you can choose to go one way or the other. It sounds like a good time to think about what you want and which way you want to go. Over to you...
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Ugh...drinking and it's ugly repurcussions.
      Everythings so much easier without the hassel al comes with.
      You'll be fine Catch, Marshy speaks wisely.

xo

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Hi catch22,
        My partner has worked in retail for more twenty odd years and knows every trick in the book, but every now and then a new version will appear and catch them all out for a little while. It's amazing how many times people fall for the old 'I gave you a twenty' routine. They also work in pairs and one person will buy something with a marked twenty and then the next will come along, pay with a ten and say that she/he remembered her twenty had this mark on it and of course the till operator doesn't see the link until they're gone. There are so many scams going on, on both sides of the till. One girl got caught having stolen thousands of pounds over the course of a year with some trick she'd worked with returned goods.
        It's hard to keep your wits about you when you're not feeling too good, but it's not your fault that these clever sods are out stealing. The thing is though that these people always get found out and honesty always pays off eventually. If I were you, I'd put it down to experience and try and enjoy today.
        Have a good one

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Feel for you sweetie!

Catch, I DID have a "warning from my boss cuz she liked me", and turned that I lost that really great, easy, prestigious job, and have been working a sh&t jobs since then, be careful, I care about you, and btw thanks for the email, it really helped me tonight, as it has been a rough one, this is a horrible, horrible problem we are all fighting! Have you tried baclofen yet?! The campral never really truly helped me......

Love you gal!!!!

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Very good advice already, Catch. Marshy hit it on the head; which is more important, the drink or your livlihood? You are dealing with money, and the (not always honest) public. You've got to be AHEAD of them, not trying to hang on. I'd guess your employers have already seen the signs, and know far more than you think, or wish. Get your act together NOW. Listen to CG, she's been there, done that! BTW, put the money they hand you outside the till until you make change, count it back, and say, "Is that correct?" Once they answer yes, then any questions, you know what you did and refer them to your manager immediately with your explanation of how you handled it. Best wishes hon.
            Rubes
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Nothing much to add catch, but I'm surprised they didn't seem to give you scam avoidance tips as were given here. And yes, AL always adds that element of doubt. I recall that you were very happy with an AF run. Are you still that happy modding? :l
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Bad work performance!!

I also don't have much to add but my support. Rubywillow said my piece for me. Protect yourself while doing the best job you can.
                Kelly

Comment

Bad work performance!!

One more thought. Ask your managers if it's OK to use a colored marker to just tap a color on each bill of any size as you receive it. That way, Bob's your uncle, there's your proof!
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Just like to say thanks for all your advise.:l
                    sometimes it hard for me to get on a pc.
                    mashy,I know its time for me to Think long and hard...my sister inlaw took my blood pressure last week and it was 197 high.
                    popeye last week someone said they give me 20pounds note and the person behind said yes he did took there word for it!!! stupid me... but i think my mistake could be when a person ask for cash back and im not puting in enough 0's cuz im being slap dush try to be fast because they do time us on each customer.
                    cowgal the campral did work for me when i did take them but there out of date now...
                    Ruby you sound like my sister:l she always says that the signs are a give away.
                    greenie they do give us tips...and if i was honest no im not happy modding.

Thanks again.x
                    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Hi Everyone just thought i :bump: this thread:
                      The reason why is that the other day in work at the beginning of my shift i got called over to say that i have 3red lights, this means that my teamleader or manager have been checking to see how i have been serving the customers. I was soo shocked because when i got called over the first time, i made sure that i did everything right what i was told to do, I was very upset and really wanted to cry but i hold backed those tears of mine, and said that i know that i worked last week the best of my ability that i could and i cant do no more what will be, will happen.....its out of my hands, had to sign something to say am aware of this. Got back to my checkout and started thinking to myself that i can understand if i was drinking that my performance was back, i really wanted to run away from it all and get myself a bottle and get drank, anyway my teamleader called me over again and said sorry that she did a mistake and that i have 1 green light which means am ok that i passed. Dont know what would of happen if i got called over at the end of my shift weather i would of got the fu*k it drink.
                      The next day i was still upset and call my sponsor and cryed, I felt goood afterwards weather this was a testing point for me from above,
                      This really got me Thinking how AA has help me a lot and how i have learned a lot about myself that there are times when i cant just ran away from how i feel inside me i learn how to feel my feelings for the first time and dealt with the situation without picking up that first drink.
                      "Feeling disease" feeling are not the disease not feeling them repressing them holding them back is the problem i know now i have a lot of unresolved feelings from my past that just dont disappear, i have a long way to go on this one my feelings are deep that have been stored in my fiber and tissue of my body. I feel like am on the right path for once in my life. feeling really proud of myself.
                      Thanks for taking the time to read my post and for all your support:l

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Whoohooo Catch, thats fantastic!

There is NO situation bad enough to drink!! You faced it head on!!

You will sort thru your issues so much better sober hon! Good on ya!
                        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Catch, I'm SO glad to see you. I remember this ordeal. I have to admit when I started to read the posted replies I got a shock when I saw CowGals reply.
                          Somehow, maybe this threat has made you REALLY look at your 'sober' hours. AL affects everything. You are making changes. That's WONDERFUL. I urge you to keep posting here, more often, and get the support you need, we all need. OK?
                          Rubes
                          sigpic

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Catch, I'm so glad that you are proud of yourself. You have come such a long and wonderful way in your sober journey. I'm grateful that you share a part of that with us! I know it's not easy. It wasn't easy to live drunk and it's not easy at first to live sober either. You are doing great just soldiering on, and learning and growing with each step.

:l

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Bad work performance!!

Thanks for sharing Catch. Well done and inspiring post. Thanks again.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                              X