Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gals in their 50's

MENOPAUSE TAMPON!!

There. That should keep the boyz away from my post.

New Creation;766153 wrote: OMG, Doggygirl....5 dress sizes!!!!! What an inspiration! I never dreamed I might get into an 8 again. Thanks, Dancelot for the great advice on starting out. Tomorrow will be Day 1 for me.
    Psst. Size 8's aren't as small as they were a zillion years ago when I last saw that size on the way up!

So is TODAY Day 1? If so, good for you!

OK I am ready to cast my vote for the name of our little club. I like "Women of a Certain Age."

May I make another suggestion? Well, it's my post so I guess I "may." Then you all "may" ignore it or not! :H

I would llike to suggest that we start a fresh thread each week. While the big long threads that get longer and longer seem very intimate for the early folks, they can seem daunting later on for someone who might feel the need to read the whole thing before jumping in. And the old posts / threads will still be out there and searchable for menopausal posterity. (not to be confused with men's posteriors)

Oh - and I will offer a tip for the day. While very few of us may ever feel compelled to try to stumble around in 4 inch stilletto's again, 3 3/4 inch heels on boots, as long as it's a comfortable style, is still doable for short periods of time. So let's not be TOO quick to toss our hotty hot days out the window!

Lovin' this already!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Gold, I went back to read the last page of posts that I DIDN'T read before replying to NC, so just saw this:

I'm feeling really upset at the moment because my Pug, who I mentioned on a thread a few weeks ago, probably has Degenerative Myelitis which isn't good. It's compared to Multiple Sclerosis in humans, and reminds me an awful lot of my mother's Motor Neurone Disease.
      I'm very sorry to hear about that. It is so difficult to watch our beloved pets suffer. My thoughts are with you. I'm sure this goes without saying, but since we are all holding onto our AFness one day at a time, I'll just remind that drinking, of course, would do nothing to help the situation. And might make rational decision making that much more difficult. Dog lovin' hugs to you Gold. :l

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Gals in their 50's

You know, hate to admit this, but after a year and 4 mos here I STILL don't know how to do the selective quote thing! Techno-idiot, here. DG, I also read that wearing boots immediately drops your perceived age, if it matters. If you feel good about yourself, and show it, DAMN THE TORPEDOES and go for it!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Gals in their 50's

rubywillow;766220 wrote: Gold, I'm so sorry. I can certainly relate, both to the disease and your sadness. Please keep us up-to-date on his outcome. Glad to see you here!
          Thanks. It sounds as though you have knowledge of DM ruby, is that through personal experience?

I bought him a small crate today so that he can be protected from the puppy (Standard Poodle) but still be in with the rest of them. I know that within a few days I'll have got myself together and will find ways to prolong his life and make sure it's good for him. I've got to tell my daughter who's at University, he's her dog, but I'll have to sort myself out first.
          I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Gals in their 50's

New Creation;766223 wrote: So sorry, Gold, about your dog. I have two labs, have never not had a dog so I know how much you love your pet. Thank you for being willing to start with me on Sunday. So scared but it sure helps to have all this support.
            I'm not scared NC, it's just getting started, once a few days pass it becomes much easier and rather enjoyable. I understand scared though, it's hard to let go of things that we associate some sort of security with, whether they are to our benefit or not.

Animals are so unconditional in their love aren't they, and it's hard when they have problems.

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Doggygirl;766233 wrote: Gold, I went back to read the last page of posts that I DIDN'T read before replying to NC, so just saw this:

I'm very sorry to hear about that. It is so difficult to watch our beloved pets suffer. My thoughts are with you. I'm sure this goes without saying, but since we are all holding onto our AFness one day at a time, I'll just remind that drinking, of course, would do nothing to help the situation. And might make rational decision making that much more difficult. Dog lovin' hugs to you Gold. :l

DG
              I know, and thank you. It makes me emotional and that certainly gets in the way, plus the dogs know and look worried! I just thought he would be around for many years yet, he's only six, and perhaps he will. They're so accepting, animals, of whatever life presents them with and never stop loving. Trouble is, I feel the responsibility, and perhaps I've turned it into that and maybe could try to let go a bit.

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Gold;766242 wrote: Thanks. It sounds as though you have knowledge of DM ruby, is that through personal experience?

I bought him a small crate today so that he can be protected from the puppy (Standard Poodle) but still be in with the rest of them. I know that within a few days I'll have got myself together and will find ways to prolong his life and make sure it's good for him. I've got to tell my daughter who's at University, he's her dog, but I'll have to sort myself out first.
                No, Gold, I have MS, but seems to be in a good remission now. I have a lifelong (53 years!) friend who is not so lucky. And I have ALWAYS had dogs, 4 now. We have an Australian Cattle dog rescue, Gator, 3; Hubs has a Jack (Ass) Russell Terror, Sadie, 6; and my two constant companions are Tinkerbelle, Yorkie, 3 (4#), and The Mighty Berit, Rottweiler, 6. I have Rotties the last 20 years, and lost my 'dog of a lifetime 2 1/2 yrs ago, tearing up now at the thought of my beloved Wolfgang. Try your best to give your darling a feeling of calm and love, because they know us better than we know ourselves. Keep us posted, sweets.:l
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Where are you girls? Hubs and I are having a Wii Fit Board competition, and I'm winning! LOL It's only b/c I've learned ALL there is about falling!
                  sigpic

Comment

Gals in their 50's

I'm here now!
                    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Gals in their 50's

How about:

MEN NO PAUSE HERE..!!

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Hi, Gold and Brightlite!

Gold - Sorry about your pup - it is hard to watch them going trough something like that. You take care of you as well - and hugs to you and the doggy both.

Other name suggestions - Anything with Amazon in it. One of my friends sometimes refers to us as ladies, I always say, no, Amazons. Amazons were tribes of women warriors and expert riders. Men were not allowed in the tribe. They were not allowed to mate with a man until they had killed one. They only kept girl babies (woe to baby boys). Ok they do sound scary, maybe a little too scary.

The other I was thinking was something like with a frontier women theme - maybe Rubywillow's Gal Gunslingers? I'm having major menopausal mind moments, plus the ADD is all over the place, and an inner ear thing going on, so I'm not too swift today (I already deleted a long post by accident - aargh!).

That's funny Ladyjan!
                        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Gold,

I remember your post about your pug. I'm so sorry to hear and send you hugs. I love dogs too and right now I only have my yorkie...but he's my cuddle buddy, friend and confidant. Had a large Yellow Lab in days gone by. Loved them all... so hugs to you.

A big thank you Ladies...if I truly am inducted into the Menopausal Tampon Club.....or how about the Meno P Va Jay Jay's Club, we must include a lot of words about cramps and kotex and tampons....maybe throw in something about vaginal itch...that should keep the ner-do-wells, the rapscallions, the cads, the rabble rousers at bay.

And as far as the stilletos go....we are not too old...ok, they don't have to be 3", but 50 is the new 30, so let's show those yung un's a thing or two.

You girls rock!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Hey I am 59, daughter 40, wow, where did the years go?

Comment

Gals in their 50's

I'm having dinner now, earned it on that damn Wii board! :bigcry: I suggest, since New Creation came up with the wonderful idea for this sounding board for us, that SHE decides on a new name, and, in honor of her new start, we begin a new thread tomorrow. (We'll leave a note on the door for anyone looking for us! :anyone . We can all be surprised tomorrow by our new moniker, OK? And, besides no judging, my only other rule is, if you stumble, if you feel like toasted shit and think you've let everyone down, you haven't, and you HAVE to come back. No hiding out because of a mess-up. We can't help each other if we're not here. Talk to everyone soon. Going back to make fun of my big, he-man Hubs, who I trashed EVEN in GOLF!!! :grouptrophy:
                              Rubes
                              sigpic

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Also, I just wanted to acknowledge everyone in the club....A big hello to New Creation, Rubes, Dancelot, Doggygirl, drylifeahead, Phoenixrising, Ladyjan, dragonfly65, crazyforwine, Gold ,sunkissed and cupcake. I apologize if I've missed anyone.

And a big sorry to MisterS...you are not on the roster. (I think there might be an opening as team mascot though)

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                                X