Gals in their 50's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gals in their 50's

Doggygirl;765704 wrote: Well, I say that if this group will let ME in at "29 years old" then we should let DLA in at 45, yes???? :H

and

I just celebrated the 30th anniversary of my 28th.

Those cracked me up..thanks, really needed it!!!

DLA:h:l:h
    Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
    Sir Walter Scott
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Gals in their 50's

rubywillow;765732 wrote: Why don't we women organize the day after Thanksgiving as a stay-at-home day, and watch Wall Street panic because of our power?
      rubywillow, you are hilarious!!!
      Sounds good to meeeeee...

DLA :h
      Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Gals in their 50's

rubywillow;765732 wrote: Why don't we women organize the day after Thanksgiving as a stay-at-home day, and watch Wall Street panic because of our power?
        Highly appropriate since this day is called the same thing as that event in 1929! And, yes I always stay home on this day!
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Okay girlfriends, don't be mad or think less of me but I just got back from the grocery store with three bottles of wine. Have decided to quit on Sunday morning, not Jan. 1. Just felt I "needed" two more days to prepare. Thanks to ALL OF YOU for the love and encouragement already. I have a feeling that we are going to really like being here for each other. Okay, I agree...DLA is so very welcome seeing is how she could see the true wisdom in hanging around with us. Only thing I worry about is that when we all lose our puffy faces and belly fat and drop 30 lbs. and feel "hot", she is going to be so much hotter than we are cuz she is 10 years younger! Dla, we love you already. What do y'all say to her being an honorary member? Ruby, that is such a fantastic and hilarious idea....think we should organize for next year to show our power!

Comment

Gals in their 50's

NC, there is a rule at MWO, at least for me. We don't get mad. We are here to support, offer advice, offer shoulders to cry on, listen. Sometimes, just listen. When your heart is ready, so are we. No judgements, just love. That's my motto.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Gals in their 50's

I'll willingly and graciously welcome an honorary membership!
              Full-fledged member soon enough-these yrs are simply FLYING by!!

I agree with rubywillow. No anger, judgements or anything of that nature here. Don't we beat ourselves up enough as it is?

'I have a feeling that we are going to really like being here for each other.'

Me too.

DLA:h
              Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Yep me also I'm in..

50yrs alive,

37yrs abuse of my bod,

got all the same rotton old drunk girl outer signs,

but my inner is getting stronger and fighting back to be able to look in the mirror again and like what I see looking back at me without shame..

wanna keep at it..

Comment

Gals in their 50's

hi all i am in to 57yrs old 6 kids, 6 g'kids still drinking but since joining mwo have been able to cut back from 2 bottles of wine at night to a few (2-4) glasses a night and thats an improvement, maybe sometime i will be able to cut it out all together but at the moment thats not my goal.
                  hey ruby is there not a "dont buy anything day" this weekend?
                  life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Don't know about everyone else, but there will be for me, Draggy! LOL
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Gals in their 50's

ladyjan;765805 wrote: Yep me also I'm in..

50yrs alive,

37yrs abuse of my bod,

got all the same rotton old drunk girl outer signs,

but my inner is getting stronger and fighting back to be able to look in the mirror again and like what I see looking back at me without shame..

wanna keep at it..
                      I can vouch for LJ. She has fought a mighty battle! And is winning, one Ollie-smile at a time.:l
                      sigpic

Comment

Gals in their 50's

OK, NC, if I may suggest, we do need to decide if we're keeping the name you've dubbed us, which is fine!, or we want to all make suggestions and decide on one to keep going, not to have to restart daily. Granny Goddesses can post 'round the clock. LOL Everyone put your thinking hats on and let your feelings be known tomorrow, OK.? Sassy Sisters, Nifty Fifty's, etc.
                        Rubes
                        sigpic

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Fabulous Fifty's?

Comment

Gals in their 50's

I'm in with you all, yesterday was Day 1 and I'm going to keep at it through the holidays! 53, 2 teenaged kids, 3 cats, fulltime job (work from home) and looooong history of AL. Have gone about 3 months AF a few times in the past few years, and it DID make such a huge difference in EVERYTHING! SO COUNT ME IN!

Ann

Comment

Gals in their 50's

29 Year Old Liars Club????

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Doggygirl;765881 wrote: 29 Year Old Liars Club????

DG
                                :H

I was gonna say Hot Babes Of MWO, or maybe Hot Flash Babes, but DG's is not too bad!

Also, hi Ladyjan, dragonfly, and CFW!
                                ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X