Gals in their 50's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gals in their 50's

Hi Rubes, can see you & me gonna be meeting up here alot..
    Hi to everybody else,

I've 50 done but still got a lot to come....

gonna make sure by stop destroying my body..!!!!!!!!

Comment

Gals in their 50's

dancelot;766314 wrote: Hi, Gold and Brightlite!

Gold - Sorry about your pup - it is hard to watch them going trough something like that. You take care of you as well - and hugs to you and the doggy both.

Other name suggestions - Anything with Amazon in it. One of my friends sometimes refers to us as ladies, I always say, no, Amazons. Amazons were tribes of women warriors and expert riders. Men were not allowed in the tribe. They were not allowed to mate with a man until they had killed one. They only kept girl babies (woe to baby boys). Ok they do sound scary, maybe a little too scary.

That's funny Ladyjan!
      Dancelot - they also cut off one of their boobs so it wouldn't get in the way of the bow and arrow. YIKES!! A little too dedicated for this Phoenix..

Rubes - "dick flicks" OMG I am ROTFLMAO over that one, never heard it before. :H
      Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
      That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
      Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
      Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Getting to know you

I have a fun Sunday idea - let's post a little bit about ourselves to get to know each other better - Just a few fun things about yourself. I'll start:

What I do: I am a computer programmer at a large university
        Family: 5 step kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a gerbil
        What I like to do: Gardening! I also just learned to crochet. I also love to cook (because I love to EAT!!)
        What I am good at:
        I work part time as a personal trainer and I like to help make people more confident and strong.
        What I suck at:
        Dancing. I just. cannot. dance. At all. I have a fundamental problem with left and right. LOL!!
        My most secret amazing talent:
        I can burp the alphabet!
        Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
        That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
        Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
        Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Talk to you girls later. Have to go over to tenant house and stroke Hubs ego by telling him he's doing a good job, etc. I told him he did, it doesn't matter, I don't need to see, so here I go. 30 miles round trip.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Good idea Phoenix. I am 59, married 30 years, with 3 sons in their 20's. Working as a substitute teacher these days so get to take days off when I feel like it. I love to hike, bike, any kind of exercise. Went to friends' house for Thanksgiving and played around with a Wii for the first time. I too just learned to crochet but all I can make so far are rectangles!!
            I drank on and off for 45 years, several stints in rehab, years in AA. Have now been af since August 10, 2009. Feels like the real deal this time for some reason.
            New Creation, thanks for starting this thread. I am having a tough time with the whole aging thing. It's kind of like all of a sudden I turned around and I'm almost 60! Nice to have a place to talk about it.
            And is it day 1 for you? Good luck, good luck. For me staying busy was the best thing I could do to get through those early days.
            Good morning everybody!
            spedteach

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Hello all ... I'm 52, three grown children, 2 grands, married 32 years ... With me it's wine too and I struggle. I will be back....
              Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
              Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
              10 days - Sept 13, 2012
              2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
              Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
              AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
              Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Welcome, bouchard!
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Gals in their 50's

dancelot;765912 wrote:

Eat good - a lot of us (myself included) got back into cooking in the evenings - then I had plenty of healthy food prepared for the week. Also our bodies are really depleted from AL abuse, and this will help us recover. Stay hydrated. Take your vitamins. Avoid refined carbs if possible - though I cut myself some slack on this one at first, because with AL gone we often crave sugar. Sugar and refined carb consumption tends to increase AL cravings. L-Glute is helpful with both AL and carb cravings. That's also where a good healthy diet is helpful - and keeps your blood sugar levels stable.

We are here for you, and believe in you. Believe in yourself. Never give up, no matter what.
                  Count me in.

55 years young...menopausal for a year or so....wonderful right of passage!
                  Have been drinking since it was legal, abusively for 20 plus years....found MWO about a month ago...what a God send! Was drinking 3-4 8 oz glasses of wine daily (4 -5 magnums a week)...went AF for two weeks, am now moderating 7, 5oz glasses weekly. My sleeping has improved immensely & I've dropped 7# in 3 1/2 weeks.

I also found myself craving carbs when I am AF, but if you can locate some made with whole food sweetners like those at a Whole Foods or Vitamin Cottage...or some you bake yourself...they won't kick the AL craving into high gear as bad...at least that has been my experience.

Rejuve

Comment

Gals in their 50's

OKAY, EVERYONE WHO COMES BY HERE!!! THE THREAD NAME HAS CHANGED TO 'MEN NO PAUSE HERE' AND A NEW THREAD WILL START EVERY SUNDAY!!! ALL WOMEN 50+ (OR ON THE CUSP) ARE WELCOME TO COME AND DISCUSS OUR OWN PARTICULAR BRAND OF PROBLEMS. SEE YA THERE!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Hey everyone - me too! 55 years old, drinking for a long time - not overweight but definitely could do with improvements re my skin and general looks - mostly caused through drinking. I plan on going AF on 8th december (appt with doc for Topa) - or at least starting to cut down, if not AF. Good idea to have a thread for us wrinklies!!

sunshine
                      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Hi everyone
                        :new: I've been lurking around this forum on and off for a while now. I couldn't believe it when I saw this thread today ..........what a brilliant idea
                        I'm 58 and have been trying to tackle my problem with alcohol this year. Been drinking heavily for the last 15 + years. I've had a few good spells totally A/F, my record was 41/2 months, and now, after a massive fall off the wagon in the summer, I've been A/F for nearly 3 months. I've proved many times that I cannot control/moderate my drinking, I don't have an 'off switch'.
                        I think it could be really good 'chatting' with others of a similar age, and hopefully lot's in common.
                        Looking forward to getting to know you all,
                        Pollydolly :l

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Gals in our 50's

I am just getting ready to order the products, tapes, etc. so i would really appreciate teaming up with other women in my age group. BTY, I am not going to wait until after the holidays. I can't stand this one more day!:new:

Comment

Gals in their 50's

sissy;767497 wrote: I am just getting ready to order the products, tapes, etc. so i would really appreciate teaming up with other women in my age group. BTY, I am not going to wait until after the holidays. I can't stand this one more day!:new:
                            :yougo: Good for you Sissy!

Now we need to all go find the newer Men No Pause Here thread!! Whoever starts the new one next Sunday - I suggest we include the date range for the week which will help us get in the habit (maybe!) of looking for the most current thread?

**off to find it**
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Gals in their 50's

Great idea!

I'm so glad I stumbled on this! I also lurk around the site, especially when my drinking is totally out of control - which is most of the time. I'm 54, two kids (college and high school), really feeling down and out physically. I need a kick in the pants and I think this will definitely help. Feeling kind of scared about the upcoming holidays and drinking.

Thanks so much for coming up with the idea!

Comment

Gals in their 50's

GardenGazer;767503 wrote: I need a kick in the pants and I think this will definitely help.
                                :b&d: WELCOME!!! :b&d:

DG
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X