Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BORING

Hello one and all,
    It's day 13 AF for me. Managed an outing last night for 3 hours! Got too loud, people too in my face. Jeez what do you drink when you go out? Softdrink tastes flat! Only so much water! It's ok gang, I'm smiling!!!! Woo hoo, day 13, nearly halfway!!!!!and it's my second weekend EVER without AL. Got my supps, finally and made the start with them, hypnos and Topa. No majors in the side effects so far, bit of lightness in the head, thats ok, and a few back to front words, thats more funny than anything. Said we should put the dog in the bin, lol. Gee it's boring when you don't drink. Guess I will overcome that. But hey I'm so happy with myself for this acheivement thus far!
    I do apologise for not replying much to anyone lately, I am reading your posts and staying with your journeys and thinking of you always, and it is all at MWO that pull me through.
    love penelope xx
    Whatever your mind believes becomes reality, whether it is reality or not.

BORING

Good job, PPS! Keep it going!

If you get too bored, maybe try something new - anything but drinking. Boring stuff was always boring, AL just made it look like it wasn't.

Usually you can get non-alcoholic versions of cocktails, plus lots are made with fruit juice. Just keep trying as many as you need to.

Best wishes and much love! :h
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

BORING

well done PSP, 13 days!
      i know where you are at with the loud peeps in ya face, i think i was one of them a few short weeks ago...

keep up the good work :goodjob:
      AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

BORING

well, not in YOUR face. but that type of drunk
        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

BORING

Congrats PPS on your 13 days and for you venturing out. Maybe you found it boring because getting sozzled actually is, unless you are the sozzled one and then you wouldn't know anything anyway.

It does take a while to get used to handling all aspects of life sober. I actually enjoy going out now but you are right about the lack of yummy non alcoholic drinks about.
          It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

BORING

Yes, thats true Dancelot, AL just makes stuff look better, how funny is that! Yeah Zep, you're right.
            Thanks for mocktail Sheri, will try it on the weekend. Didn't even think of that! Hey, maybe we should put a book together, pocket size mocktails for the seriously out not boring. Aspman I know that type of drunk!
            Thanks crew, keep on,
            Pen xx
            Whatever your mind believes becomes reality, whether it is reality or not.

Comment

BORING

HI,
              I get what you are saying. For the most part, I just do dinner now and avoid the bar/pub scene. It's a bit of a change as me and my husband would go out nearly every weekend to meet up with friends. I tried at first, but I only saw myself tapping my fingers on the table after an hour or so. I'm fortunate that my husband is okay with staying in or seeing a movie these days. As I have previously stated "drunk people are only fun if you are one of them." It's okay though, I haven't woken up with a hangover in almost 2 months. I would rather be bored than feel like that :-)
              AF since 2/4/10
              Nicotine free since 3/31/10
              FINALLY FREE

Comment

BORING

Hi PPS,
                Congrats on the 13 days.
                If something is boring its boring, AL just blocks out the reality of the situation. Drunks are boring. I don't want to be the boring drunk at the bar saying to anyone that will listen, I used to have a great job, used to be handsome, used to be fit and used to have self respect. Nor do I want to say I have lost everything but at least I was never boring.

Being broke, being hungover, listening to the same BS every weekend = very boring.

Keep strong you are doing great.
                DS

Comment

Working...
                X