THE NEXT DAY THREAD - DECEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep Hawns...working on getting him to go AF...at least for a month to start but he man(ugg)...he no takey the advice very good. He'll probably have to do it in the G-Force/Bridge manner & just quietly do it. Don't think he'll come to this party (MWO) though...

Comment

Quietly is good, Ang.

Comment

Si it is, I admire those quietly quietly people...am working on that in myself.

Comment

Hi all,

Angel - thinking of you. There is a classic NZ novel called "Man Alone"" (first published in 1939) and I often think it is a bit of metaphor for NZ blokes. Hearts of gold but men of few words, and more into doing than talking.

Tawny - have a great time in Melbourne. Having Xmas the week before does seeem very civilised as it means you can go into holiday mode more quickly!! ....... was thinking this morning that I need to resist the temptation to keep going right up until Xmas so as to get maximum relaxation. It always feels like a very short time between Xmas and the return to work.

Hello to everyone else too ......... glad you are getting some rain! We have had hot dry winds here the last two days and my lettuces and raspberries are looking very sad .... and the spinach went to seed while I was in Auckland. Will have to rescue what is left of them tomorrow!

My work year is just about at an end ...... we officially close up on Wednesday, but we have been going like the clappers this week so that next week we really only have to tidy up, do some last minute things and have lots of morning coffees! We are putting on an afternoon tea for some people we do lots of work with on Tuesday ....... actually I got that idea from here somewhere, when there was some discussion about Xmas functions that dont involve alcohol. I'm looking forward to a quiet and relaxed week.

Have decided to change my name some time between Xmas and New Year ..... one of tomorrow's tasks is to whittle the long list down to a short list!! (And so many of them already have people listed on MWO as members, but not posting ...... I feel cheated :H:H:H)
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Evenin all.. have had a crazy week but managed to remain doggedly AF through it all.. long hours, high stress, evil pixies, embuggerances & all. I like my new job VERY MUCH but starting right before xmas was bound to be problematic.. dove in deep end.. So glad tis fridy.

Off to dinner in a restaurant.. twill be a great test of my resolve... Will check back in later to see what silliness is going on.

Go well everyone!

Comment

Fickle - good on you. Enjoy your dinner and remember how good you will fel int he morning having stuck to your resolve!
              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Christ.
                That's the first time I've ever been called 'quiet' Grinder.
                All happy campers accounted for then ?
                Look I understand the whole name change thing guys....but what are we going to call you ??... I mean...we'll KNOW it's you won't we ? Or will we have to start all over again, like you're in witness protection, and kind of guess ?
                Just askin'.
                Angel I lived with a problem drinker, long before I started playing the game myself. Maybe it's synchronistic that you both reached this point at pretty much the same time. ANd how much bloody EASIER would it be to have a wing man sobering up at the same time ?
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bridge i was just joking I am not Spiros

Comment

Jonesy you make me chuckle.
                    S'true - could be the start of something beautiful again.
                    Tawney - I prolly won't get ya before you go so have a great time & drive safe.

I'm off to watch first wives club- anything with Goldy Hawn(ey) makes me smile.
                    Be good.

xo

Comment

Oh, and any names must be accounted for on here...but you know I'd prolly know Mame anyway...under any name.

xo

Comment

Ta Mame,
                        Made it home OK.. twas family restaurant & plenty of kids so had lemonade with them.
                        Doubt my resolve would stand up to a more 'adult' dinner in a dimily lit romantic restaurant.. so lucky my dating days are over:H
                        Ahh just kicking back with a movie with the kiddos.
                        Yeah, drive safe, have a good time & come back to us Tawns
                        Angel, I wonder if the aminos work as well for fellas as they do for us gals? I swear my cravings are practically gone since I got my supps back on board.

Comment

Wonder women coffe still on

Comment

Wonder Women about last night ...Sorry
                            Super man

Comment

Ficks funny you should say...just got my delivery of All One yesterday...will be giving it to Mr Cakes

Comment

Hey Angel,

All One is just the multi-vitamin isn't it? I'm on Amino Complete - it's really funny because I was on all the supps years ago and had success but lost the plot in the interim & forgot all about the supps. I was trying repeatedly to get a long stint at AF but was finding it really tough. I felt really depressed and unable to cope while I was AF.. so I 'needed' Al to get through the evening. Admittedly I had a lot of distractions with the pain and the painkillers and the op etc.

At last I re-discovered the aminos. This time being/staying AF is a lot better because my mood is stable and I don't fall in a heap every time something happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X