THE NEXT DAY THREAD - DECEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aunty Mame;776468 wrote: Fickle - good on you. Enjoy your dinner and remember how good you will fel int he morning having stuck to your resolve!
    Have to laugh Mame, even though I stayed AF I woke up feeling hung over.. must've been the over-eating or maybe it had MSG???

Comment

fickle...please help me

Comment

i havent got anyone..saddo me lol

Comment

Hi Bella,

see you are in chat, so hopefully you have found some support there. Just tried to get in but not having any luck with that these days.

Flying visit anyway ...... just to say hi. Good to hear what you say about the supps ..... waiting for mine to arrive and another big AF effort coming up. I'm managing about 4/7 days AF, but finding those 4 days a bit difficult.

Glad you enjoyed the dinner Ficks.

Just done a complete house clean ..... Uncle Mame collects his son today for the holidays and now the pre- Xmas planning starts :yay: But for the rest of the day I'm going to be reading and waiting for pizza dough to rise .......
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi All,

Time for me start hanging out here again for a while... been months. Big hugs to all the familiar faces (been reading through the recent posts - it's a bit like visiting long lost friends!!!!) and hi to all those I haven't met yet.

xoxo

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

fickle;776989 wrote: Have to laugh Mame, even though I stayed AF I woke up feeling hung over.. must've been the over-eating or maybe it had MSG???
              Thats exactly how I felt yesterday after a night out Not feckin fair is it??

Well done though Ficks, you are really powering along these days, its lovely to see :l

In fact you all seem to be "quietly grinding" along beautifully.

Mame, I really hope you manage to get some relaxation in this holiday, and cant wait to hear your name change!

Have a superb evening everyone :l
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Eskimo;777025 wrote: Hi All,

Time for me start hanging out here again for a while... been months. Big hugs to all the familiar faces (been reading through the recent posts - it's a bit like visiting long lost friends!!!!) and hi to all those I haven't met yet.

xoxo
                Hi Eskimo a WARM welcome Beautiful Piccy in your avartar all the best to you
                Reggie

Comment

Eskimo;777025 wrote: Hi All,

xoxo
                  Kowdy Eskimo we havent met but the pleasures all mine A WARM welcome Tis a wonderful motley crue. Im the insominac so if ya ever up late gives us yelp.
                  all the best
                  Reggie

Comment

You still up, oh sleepless one?
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

yes oh tigs

Comment

I know the feeling all too well. One of the side effects of sobriety, I'm afraid.

I've always kinda resented the folks who sleep so well on bac. I'm not one of them.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

How are you tigs missed ya mate. By the way I have triated down and have stopped taking the Bac I am seeing a head shrinker still havent touch a drop lost count but there is a underlying melancholoy if you know what i mean? Me and Mrs Reg are back on a even keel so things are positive in that area

Comment

Wavey put me onto antihistamines. The old-school variety that makes you drowsy. Have you tried it?

I use a brand called Phenergan every now and again. And double the recommended dose

With you needing roomy shorts, I'm sure you can do the same.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

reggie;777142 wrote: How are you tigs missed ya mate. By the way I have triated down and have stopped taking the Bac I am seeing a head shrinker
                              I'm very well thx, Reg.

So you're doing OK AF without the Bac? That's fantastic!!! What made you decide to stop it?

As you know, I'm also seeing a psychologist. Its bloody tough, but worth it.

My psychiatrist had me on Ritalin as well. Supposedly, I suffer from ADD, but I'm not convinced. I stopped taking it after a week.
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I'm glad to hear you and the missus are sorted for now. It is very easy to get caught up in the daily effort of dealing with alcoholism, that we forget our partners need support as well.

As long as we're sober, we can at least BE there.
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X