THE NEXT DAY THREAD - DECEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiptronic_ct;777145 wrote: I'm very well thx, Reg.

So you're doing OK AF without the Bac? That's fantastic!!! What made you decide to stop it?

As you know, I'm also seeing a psychologist. Its bloody tough, but worth it.

My psychiatrist had me on Ritalin as well. Supposedly, I suffer from ADD, but I'm not convinced. I stopped taking it after a week.
    Yea saw that tigs Ritalin ADD Im glad you stopped sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I decided to stop taking the bac because once I could think straight(not in a parinoid alcoholic state) I believed i had sufficent intelligence to deal with this malise. like you i sought a shrink which is helping immensley. Its amazing you know my daughter asks me about what i did when i was her age * i honestly have blocked it out i cant tell her i cant recall my past hence i cant become whole again. Sorry its sounds stupid but that is it comming to terms with my past will release the strangle hold on my future...if you know what I mean?

Comment

tiptronic_ct;777147 wrote: I'm glad to hear you and the missus are sorted for now. It is very easy to get caught up in the daily effort of dealing with alcoholism, that we forget our partners need support as well.

As long as we're sober, we can at least BE there.
      So true

Comment

reggie;777151 wrote: Yea saw that tigs Ritalin ADD Im glad you stopped sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I decided to stop taking the bac because once I could think straight(not in a parinoid alcoholic state) I believed i had sufficent intelligence to deal with this malise. like you i sought a shrink which is helping immensley. Its amazing you know my daughter asks me about what i did when i was her age * i honestly have blocked it out i cant tell her i cant recall my past hence i cant become whole again. Sorry its sounds stupid but that it
        It doesn't sound stupid at all, Reg.

We have to learn to accept what happened to us, acknowledge the influence it exerted on us etc, etc, etc. before we can even consider moving on with our lives. I can relate completely to what you're saying.

Its a bloody painful and drawn-out process, but (and I can only speak for myself), worthwhile in the end.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Any way best ways is bed ways thanks for the chat tiggs you are the bomb I love talking to you have to meet up one day anyway Take care and catch you on the flip side
          Reg

Comment

I'z here as ordered Sir

I :h my psychologist
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi JC I hope that love is purely platonic:H

Comment

Nighters, Reg

Sleep well, and hang in there! You're doing bloody great.

Back to the barracks with you, young lady
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

YEah - 3 (three) hearts, no less.

You have something to tell us, JC??? Mmmmm?
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

reggie;777158 wrote: Hi JC I hope that love is purely platonic:H
                    he's got a partner. (not sure if the partner's male of female)

he might be by curious
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Is he a bit of a dish JC blue eyes blonde whispy hair slight vienna accent studied Jungian trans thought dream therapy...Hey come on spill the beans

Comment

Oh his curious or gay

Comment

reggie;777162 wrote: Is he a bit of a dish JC blue eyes blonde whispy hair slight vienna accent studied Jungian trans thought dream therapy...Hey come on spill the beans
                          nope middle aged,balding, and very clever.

too be quite honest he could have been a two headed Martian, I was getting no where on my own
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;777165 wrote: nope middle aged,balding, and very clever.

too be quite honest he could have been a two headed Martian, I was getting no where on my own
                            :H:H:H:H on that note im going to bed with a big smile on my face Thanks JC youre a riot
                            Reg

Comment

reggie;777162 wrote: Is he a bit of a dish JC blue eyes blonde whispy hair slight vienna accent studied Jungian trans thought dream therapy...Hey come on spill the beans
                              LMAO!!!

My therapist is also a Jungian. Although I've convinced her to use some CBT on me as well.

She must have been blonde in an earlier life, though... It must be coming from a bottle these days. Her eyes are a very nice pale blue...

Have I ever told you that I like older women?
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;777165 wrote: nope middle aged,balding, and very clever.
                                That sounds like me... and I'm possibly conceited on the clever bit...
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X