THE NEXT DAY THREAD - DECEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

byebyebridgetjones;779339 wrote: Why don't you write yourself a letter to be opened on Christmas Eve 2010. You could set out a plan about how different your life is going to look by the time you open that letter.
    Bridge - that is such a good suggestion. A long time ago, I wrote down where and what I wanted to be when I hit 40. Really clear visualisations. (This had nothing to do with drinking btw). I kept the list in a safe place.

It took me an extra 10 years to get there but I was able to tick off absolutely everything. Focus and determination is the key.

Comment

Well done Tawns. I can believe it.

I must go and feed doggies and better feed myself while I'm at it. Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

Thanks for the pep talk one and all.
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09
      AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Hornos. That is brilliant!
        You know, i'm travelling in that direction too, re- doing things i want to do/accomplish in my life.

Your life could start tomorrow too, Pan. You could even start right now. A new attitude, a new year, a new you, the real you. Why not? You've already started. Get writing.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Merry Christmas to you and the doggies, Pan.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

tawnyfrog;779342 wrote: Bridge - that is such a good suggestion. A long time ago, I wrote down where and what I wanted to be when I hit 40. Really clear visualisations. (This had nothing to do with drinking btw). I kept the list in a safe place.

It took me an extra 10 years to get there but I was able to tick off absolutely everything. Focus and determination is the key.
            Fail to plan....Plan to fail ??
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bridge - without focus, we just lollygag around, aimlessly.

Comment

Focus and determination indeed! Don't forget yer Toolbox.
                Merry Christmas everyone. Be safe, be proud, dig deep if you have to, and enjoy. Relax.

Comment

Yup. Relaxing as I speak. The tools are tucked, the mower is parked, the pink frock is on. Tomorrow I shall open my one prezzie from the fam. and then have a splendid lunch with a mate who can handle a companionable silence. We always have tomato sangers. On WHITE bread. Bliss.

Comment

err, folk's. lollygag= ancient traditional celtic instrument, whirled about one's head, in a circular manner, making a whining, whinging sound. Thought to have originated in the North of Africa, but most commonly seen in lazy attitudes.

Comment

SNORT!

Never mind the oven cleaner. Anybody know how to clean 'stuff' off the puter screen?

Comment

Pan,

I might have missed something, but I see you got your new name too! Congrats! Hope it feels as good to you as it does to me!

And I hope this means that you feel pan-icked no more. Probably a thing that takes time though, given all you have been through. Thinking of you ( and of course now that we have had a name change on the same day its a bit like being blood sisters!!!!!!)
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

tawnyfrog;779363 wrote: SNORT!

Never mind the oven cleaner. Anybody know how to clean 'stuff' off the puter screen?
                          TF with your beautiful new I-Mac 27" I would just very carefully do it with one of those cloths that you get from an optician ...........
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Try some WD40.

Comment

Guitarista;779382 wrote: Try some WD40.
                              Yeah. And gaffa tape. You musos are all the same.

Comment

I have gagged on a lolly a few times

Comment

Working...
                                X