THE NEXT DAY THREAD - DECEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Och. If we cannae chunderrr togetherrr, what can we dooo?

Comment

tawnyfrog;782441 wrote: Och. If we cannae chunderrr togetherrr, what can we dooo?
      We don't all talk like cartoon kilts.

Anyway, has anyone ever done that with you in flagrante? I can assure you, it's a deeply unpleasant experience.
      "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Comment

Hartley;782442 wrote: We don't all talk like cartoon kilts.

Ooops. Sorry. I'll stop. Sorry if I offended.

Don't do much in flagrante these days. Or even out flagrante now that I think of it.

Comment

tawnyfrog;782445 wrote: Ooops. Sorry. I'll stop. Sorry if I offended.

Don't do much in flagrante these days. Or even out flagrante now that I think of it.
          You didn't offend. But even us tough as nails Scots can be oddly vulnerable when we type stuff that we wouldn't go out and share with anyone in the real world.
          "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Comment

Hartley;782448 wrote: ... even us tough as nails Scots can be oddly vulnerable when we type stuff that we wouldn't go out and share with anyone in the real world.
            Yes. I understand that. I certainly do.

Anyway peeps, have a good one. I think I've embuggeranced myself here just a tad - so I shall fusk off into the ether.

:goodjob: :thanks: :new: :welcome: :l :h

Comment

Hartley;782440 wrote: I had to come back to this post Bridge, seeing as what it was your in-yer-face attitude that dragged me happily into this thread in the first place.

What inspired the "fuck you" years ago was a fear of failing to deliver. What has always driven my insane mind is a need to ride close to the edge. As the years have gone by, the rush I get from pressure has lessened, much in the same way that the effect of drugs and alcohol lessen. You need more to achieve the same, except its not the same because you never capture that feeling of "If I Ruled the World" omnipotence that your memory insists you once had.

So in terms of my insanity, I always need to get closer to pulling the house down to motivate me. I sit there and surround myself with hugely pressurized work scenarios and respond with total apathy until the very last possible moment. The horrible thing is that I understand exactly what I'm doing. And my natural reaction is to go "what a tit...get on with it." And yet I cant seem to do that any more and it leads to a boring cycle that ends in a lake of alcohol and remorse.

Woeful shit, tbh. Sorry to pollute a hilarious thread and I promise not to verbally vomit in here again.
              Oh shit Hartley. I just had an audible, and extremely genuine, sharp intake of breath when I read that.
              Call it fundamental recognition. The (almost) deliberate procrastination, followed by the belaboured 'mission' to get things back on track. That's my MO too.
              Not a moderate bone in my body.
              I get it.
              But people like you and I will have to learn the middle way.
              Otherwise we're going to kill ourselves.
              Anyhoo happy New Year everyone :H
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;782455 wrote: Yes. I understand that. I certainly do.

Anyway peeps, have a good one. I think I've embuggeranced myself here just a tad - so I shall fusk off into the ether.

You have not embuggeranced yourself.
                Let's talk fencing. What's a cheap, but not too butt ugly option for fencing my vege patch. I am on a mission here.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Just stopped in to wish you all a Happy New Year and hope 2010 is good to all of ye.

Comment

tawnyfrog;782455 wrote: Yes. I understand that. I certainly do.

Not remotely your fault. My problem. You're genuinely funny. 99.9% of my outpourings are totally flippant. You just honed in and quoted the 0.01% post that took a lot of effort.

Absolutely no reason for you to recognize that at all. But if you don't now reply to my every utterance on here, I'll change my username to "Easily Offended" and troll you to your dying day.....

Comment

Evening all!
                      Well, New year resolution's or not, we all have a choice. A choice to embrace life, our potential, all our possibilities, and our real selves again, or that old chestnut, the slow suicide through drinking. Reclaim the night! some cry, and rightly so....Reclaim oneself! we can do, too.

A safe, sober, and reflective evening to you all, folk's, especially you there, yep you, in the cheap seat's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Opes ! Happy New Year !
                        I've been thinking that your pregnancy is probably the direct result of the Feng Shui produced by our Spring Clean thread.
                        What do you think ?
                        One can't underestimate this stuff.....Y know ?:H
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

G'day Opal, Hartley,
                          Thank's Opal, Your year's gonna be a corker i reckon. Best wishes to you and your's, and have a safe, sober weekend.

Bridgos, what about Bunning's. Is there one near you? They're bound to have some cheap fencing possibilities. If i was there, i'd just get the stuff and put one up for ya.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

G force !
                            Happy New Year my dear friend.
                            PS: They made a movie about you.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;782461 wrote: Oh shit Hartley. I just had an audible, and extremely genuine, sharp intake of breath when I read that.
                              Call it fundamental recognition. The (almost) deliberate procrastination, followed by the belaboured 'mission' to get things back on track. That's my MO too.
                              Not a moderate bone in my body.
                              I get it.
                              But people like you and I will have to learn the middle way.
                              Otherwise we're going to kill ourselves.
                              Anyhoo happy New Year everyone :H
                              Will you marry me? We could double up on a cemetery plot and save a bunch of cash.

Comment

Hornos. Turn off the stove! That frock should be right now.

Angelious, Re Bazza Humphries. It wasn't a book me and Reg were yapping about, it was a doco on ABC (i think) about him, a few nights ago. He prob has a book or three out as well, but said doco should be in ABC online archives?

Comment

Working...
                                X