Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT DAY THREAD - DECEMBER

Hi everyone,

Had a good night, thanks for asking. Was feeling a bit peeved about not getting into chat though!! (although I'm not that keen on chat usually). Was made up for by some special conversations in the middle of the night. One of which involved us going to the "Recovery Church" this morning ....... church service specifically aimed at alcoholics and addicts. I'm not particularly religious and it was a bit happy clappy for my taste, but it was something that my brother particularly wanted to do. And I was a bit curious!

Re presents: Oxfam has a good catalogue - assume it is Oz as well as NZ?? Probably Greenpeace does too. And all the 12 year old girls I know love sponsoring endangered species .... but then again all (four of) the 12 year old girls I know come from liberal left wing type families!!!!!!!

The other thing I noticed on the "wish list" of a son of a friend of mine was a CD from a band which has formed from a project run locally for at-risk youth. Maybe something similar in Melbourne??

On the other hand, Uncle Mame's son just loved the Lego red Ferrari I bought him for his 11th birthday this year!!!

Fickle - thanks so much on the info re customs. Think I will take the plunge and give it a go. The NZ$ is not too bad against US$ at the moment, so it is a bit more manageable than I had previously.

I've spent so much time on here for the last couple of days that I'm starting to get a return of my RSI ..... might ease off for a couple of days!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hey Uncle G
      How 'bout some world music for the kiddies ? Real World/Pete Gabriele stuff ????
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Mamester I tried twice to wrangle you an invite to chat. Your avatar was appearing on the side bar, but buggered if zi could make it work. It was weird.
        I've been thinking about poor Long Road all day. They do say that there is no such thing as hell because we're already here. Mostly I don't believe that at all.....I think life is a buzz actually....but sometimes .....
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Arvo all - why do I think the whole world has gone bloody bonkers? Well, not the whole world ....

Comment

tawnyfrog;774080 wrote: Arvo all - why do I think the whole world has gone bloody bonkers? Well, not the whole world ....
            Just came from my daughters 8 year old birthday party at a play center what a hoot they had this disco room playing lady ga ga the boys were doing that rap headspining leg thing( in their own way) and the girls were doing moves with all the dads shaking their heads in their hand thinking at the same time Im in trouble when she turns 15 let alone 8:H
            The brat boys were pouring slime cordial in the girls hair and the girls were doing slam dunks on the boys in the jumping castle...all in all completly outa control and NUTS i loved it...hope every one has a wonderful week...and oh one of the boys spoon flicked some of the ice cream cake striaght into the eye of one of the helpers i think they were about to call in the bouncers. The final thing was a santa the little skeptics gave him questions even a politician couldnt answer.
            REggie
            PS
            TF not the whole world just bits of it

Comment

Hey all
              Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
              AF May 23 09 to July 09
              AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

I want to send this out all by my friends who knew me when. I come into this Thread very embarassed by what I have said in the same thread and others when I have been drinking and then drunk. I apologise.

I find it very hard to meet people and be accepted. It's not that people don't like me - they do. I just find it hard to accept that. I don't like myself. I cannot understand how someone could love me.

There's lots more in this complicated soul, but all I am asking from all of you is to please forgive my faults and transgressions within this site and please be my friend. Your friendship is the only way I gained sobriety.

So, please give me a go again?
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

What I am saying is there are always peeps showing online when I log on but then you all disappear, one by one.
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Hi pan i dont really know you but I sort of log on quick say something and go ...Its just Im in a really busy household. I dont have alot of time . Sometimes i do. However I know its all too easy to think people stop posting when you or any one is on and to think they are avoiding you ( In my case its true:H) dont worry Pan youre ok take care.
                    Bugger now the roast is well done
                    Reggie

Comment

Hey Pan,
                      How are you? I'm often online but not in this thread.. many others too, so don't feel worried by that.
                      If it's boring here, there are always other places to read for a while after you post then check back to see what's been said.
                      Had a long day shopping with children. I hardly ever do the mall thing (hate it) but somehow the kids find it thrilling! Then went & got a tree, put up & decorated. Pretty impressive team effort I must say!
                      Sounds like a great party Reggie.. bet you're glad you're home in one piece

Comment

Oh yeah, and I'm often off cooking or breaking up arguments between kids & leave the darn window open just switched profiles so look like I'm here but I'm not

Comment

Thanks Reg. Thanks.
                          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Hey Ficks. Thanks for replying.
                            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                            AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

I hope everything is fine and dandy with you. How are you getting ready for the Christmas kids?
                              Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                              AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Evening all...
                                Pan it's not you, people maybe on other threads and not even know you're here. I for one, never check whose online...it's just coincidence I'm sure. Sometimes I'm logged on but have been dragged away by the kiddies or somthing.
                                Anyway, I've been absent- went camping at the beach - it was lovely. BUT, we wnt with some friends who are about 6mopnths pregnant and my friend went into labour on Friday night/Sat morning - so they went to the hospital and have been there ever since. They're OK, baby is hanging in there (in utero still)
                                I've justread but can't remember everyone's news except for a few:-
                                Mame: I bought the starter pack from the website and had no trouble getting it in NZ.
                                Ficks: You got a job?? Fantastic!!
                                G: I'm working just here & there helping out at the moment...starts proper in Jan & then 5 days a week, 4hrs day.
                                Aspy: Mental health issues are so hard to deal with I don't know the answer sorry...if you find out let me know, I could use some help with my crazy family!! (Not this family - you guys are crazy in a good way!!! The ones I share blood with)
                                Gotta go get kids outa bath.

xo

Comment

Working...
                                X