THE NEXT DAY THREAD - DECEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. I can easily out-drive most of the men with whom I have been associated.
    2. I am almost out of debt.:goodjob: .....and as if that is not enough.....MOST of the proceeds came out of the reverse swear jar....
    3. Has anyone tried the Atkins Diet ? Discuss.
    That is all.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Zenstyle;781798 wrote: You're sounding very "organized" today Miss Bridge... :-)

I've done the Atkins diet a couple of times and it worked well. I've been on this new way of eating lately though, and it seems to work even better. I'm hardly eating any meat, but I'm eating fish and shellfish. Trying to only eat complex carbs and eating loads of fruit & veg. Keeping all dairy products to a minimum and being quite liberal with good fats, like olive oil. It's working better for me than Atkins did... (up till now Atkins is what I did to shed the poundage...)

That's my 0.2c...

That reverse swear jar... You don't swear and you have to put money in? Mine would be empty.
      Hmmmm....did you follow the diet straight from the book, or did you do your own thing?
      Does that diet you're on now have a name ?
      The reverse swear jar is like an alco's version .... I put all the money you would otherwise have spent of grog in this (bloody massive) jar thingo every day. Then I lay in bed of a night and watch it accumulate. Admittedly I wasn't in a HUGE amount of debt, but it was still scary.
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Old Fart Frog speaking ... albeit in quavery voice ...

AVOID all foods labelled "lite", "Lo", "Salt-reduced" "90% less fat".

Stop eating anything processed. Buy stuff that you can just bloody well eat without having to trawl through your lexicon of 'what additive is that?'. NOBODY is going to chomp through 250g of butter in a single sitting. Use a bee's dick of butter and enjoy. Eat full-bloody-fat cheese and enjoy. Balance the whole lot out with yummy fresh veggies. If it wasn't around 100 years ago, you shouldn't be eating it - ie cheese in a bloody spray can.

Old fart reports: I'm, 5'10 and 63/64kg. When I was 18 I weighed 60kg. Yeah, I know ... I've let myself go ...

Garlic prawns cooked in olive oil for tea ... anyone?

Comment

tawnyfrog;781804 wrote: Old Fart Frog speaking ... albeit in quavery voice ...

AVOID all foods labelled "lite", "Lo", "Salt-reduced" "90% less fat".

Stop eating anything processed. Buy stuff that you can just bloody well eat without having to trawl through your lexicon of 'what additive is that?'. NOBODY is going to chomp through 250g of butter in a single sitting. Use a bee's dick of butter and enjoy. Eat full-bloody-fat cheese and enjoy. Balance the whole lot out with yummy fresh veggies. If it wasn't around 100 years ago, you shouldn't be eating it - ie cheese in a bloody spray can.

Old fart reports: I'm, 5'10 and 63/64kg. When I was 18 I weighed 60kg. Yeah, I know ... I've let myself go ...

Garlic prawns cooked in olive oil for tea ... anyone?
          Sounds reasonable
          Where does one source bee's dick butter ? Is it a Maggie Beer thing ? :H
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Try Valli Little. (insert smiley thingie)

Comment

Actually Froglet... you've just given me a BLOODY good idea.....I've got all these gorgeous heirloom vegetable seeds from Digger's and I've done bugger all with them for years.
              There's my next project.
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Get onto it, woman. Diggers rocks!

Comment

But what I ROOLLY need is a woman sized, serious-like vege patch, one that the dog can't get into, one with raised beds and.....and.....and.....* stumbles off down garden path muttering and gesticulating wildly*
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

You've checked out the "no-dig method"?

Comment

tawnyfrog;781817 wrote: You've checked out the "no-dig method"?
                      I have ..... and what a bloody perfect idea......just need to investigate some cheap fencing methods......keep Missy Retriever out.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Right I'm showered and off into town to investigate......
                        *SQUEAL* *Jump up and down* *clap hands*
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

On other news:

A SHOPPING centre in China has opened a car park that offers women drivers bigger-than-normal parking spaces to accommodate what it sees as their special needs. Wang Zheng, an official at the Wanxiang Tiancheng shopping centre in Hebei province's Shijiazhuang city, told AFP the women-only parking lot aimed to address women's "strong sense of colour and different sense of distance".

:H:H:H verybusy,butthat was funny.
                          AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;781808 wrote:
                            Where does one source bee's dick butter ?
                            S'right next to the Dick cheese....
                            Thanks for encouragement big G...clearly needed.
                            Bridgey - whatever you choose diet wise make it easy to encorporate into every day eating (the Frog speaks the truth)...I've never seen the point of starving myself or radically changing my diet to lose weight, not hard to imagine what will happen when one goes back to previous eating patterns.
                            Your veggie patch sounds fabulous...I want regular updates as my inner gardener will be living vicariously through you & your patch. I miss my patch...I remember the night something sat on the bok choy *said wistfully*

xo

Comment

Niters Zenny.

Comment

Nighters, JimBob.

Comment

Working...
                                X