Realistic Christmas !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistic Christmas !

Just read a thread about how how the expectations of holidays very often dont meet up with the reality and can lead to depression and I know for me in the past ( I hope to god not this year ) major drinking !!! So I thought I would start a thread where we can all say realistically what we think the hoilday will be like good bad or just what ever !! just have your say get it off your chest so hopefully we dont pick up a bottle ! And i know for some who have lost loved ones because of our drinking ( me included) christmas is really tough but let pull togehter and get through it sober !

So my realistic christmas is : I know it wont be easy because I have not got my partner but I will do my best to be thankfull for what I have got my children, friends, family and my lovely MWO buddies who always know just how I am feeling and are there for me. I will try my best to focus on all of that and stay positive and eat as much as I can lol because I am stopping with relatives who buy the most superb food !

Realistic Christmas !

I am hoping to have a very real christmas, seeing my children, seeing my family and friends and enjoying the warmth and good feelings that are there, but i never noticed them before as i was always to interested in drinking. for me and you i hope this christmas will be special in a very nice way. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Realistic Christmas !

:yougo::yougo::yougo:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Realistic Christmas !

my christmas is going to be a bit odd this year, the first my 25 year old daughter won't be with us, and the first my 32 year old daughter has been divorced ,for the past 10 years we have had her husband here too, she now has a new partner who is Moslim and doesn't drink so that should make life easier for me,I expect my eldest son will get drunk and wind everyone up, my 14 year old will be in his room most of the time, my 10 year old will go bananas as usual and my darling son with Down's will be a joy as ever, my husband will be over jolly and I will get stressed in the kitchen ,moan that noone help's me and then tell them to get lost when they offer!!!!seriously I love Christmas and have just marzipanned my cake this afternoon.
        Twitch

Comment

Realistic Christmas !

Runaway train here again,
          I nearly resurectected my -ve xmas post about xmas because I'm already going mad.

Mario and Tawny, thanks for your offers of encouragement and support.
          Thanks on that, but as as arrogant pig I'll have to battle through this in my own way (almost a plug for the site)
          Unfortnately here bahaviour of my 8yr old twins is too much for me, and their school, more to the point. I've told them xmas is cancelled and my wife and 11yr old will have to go to the family for xmas.

My business had a big upturn today until I collected the boys, now I'm back to the bottom of the pit.

sorry to put a damper on your spirits.

I hope everyone else can enjoy it sensibly.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
          X