Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know how to treat a pinched nerve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello MWO'ers

Does anyone know how to treat a pinched nerve in the lower back? I've had it for two weeks and it isn't getting any better.

I have a badly pinched nerve in my neck/upper spine. I've been seeing the same doc almost 10 years, had about 5 MRI's. Rest, OTC pain meds (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.), no lifting, analagesic cremes, are all you can do without seeing a doc. Mine affects everything on the left side of my body, and doc has mentioned surgery more than once. I've had injections, take muscle relaxers, prescription pain meds, still very hard to deal with some (most) days. Sweeping/raking/lifting causes more pain. Wish I could be more helpful. A warm bath relaxes me sometimes. My pain was a big reason my drinking increased; just an excuse, but AL DID relax my muscles. Caused a boatload of other probs, tho. Some people get relief with Chiropractors, but mine is SO bad I'm not willing to take the risk.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks Rub

I've been taking Baclofen and ibuprofen every few hours. I've spent most of today in bed laying on a heat pad. I would go to the doctor, but I know they will tell me to strectch and stay in bed for a few days.

Argh... I hate this.

Comment

More2, find a chiropractor. A good chiropractor. What is pinching the nerve is a misalignment of the vertebra in the spine. Where are you, I'll try to look one up for you by technique.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
        X