Addiction/Recovery video I made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApeCr2vJOzE[/video]]YouTube - Addiction/Recovery

The above short video was made using Windows Movie Maker and still photos I'd manipulated of myself using Paint Shop Pro 8. Please watch pass the music credits as well!. I hope I've captured the progression of my addiction and my journey into recovery so far. I have to say though I don't see myself so much as being 'in' recovery today but more that I have recovery in my life. It's more of a mutualistic symbiosis for me. Without recovery I don't have a life but recovery is NOT my life. There is a shed load more to me than "Phil the addict"!!

Enjoy

Love and Light
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Hey Phil
    Long time since we have been in touch but I am so happy I logged in today to catch this video. Some of my favorite music but also so nice to see you going in such a positive direction. I know there is so much more in you than "recovery" and that is the awesome part of you!! Hope Jasmine is doing well and you are getting to spend quality time with her.
    Patti

Comment

What an amazing man you are!!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Phil, its 4am and I was only half awake when I started to watch that. Now I am fully awake and very very moved.
        Wonderful x
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

That is incredible! I am really impressed with the video as well as your recovery! Thanks for sharing, I have it saved on my playlist!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

HI Phil,

Thanks for sharing - you have talent!
            I loved the painting of the man in the hat with the blue face near the start - could you please post a link to that or PM it?
            Thank you.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
            AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Extraordinary!!

Comment

Phil, what an awesome video! Thank you for sharing yourself with us, and this expression of your journey.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Wow! Phil! You are so talented! I was very moved watching your video. You certainly express this journey in a profound way!

I am so happy that you found Your Way Out.......good job!

xxx Kate
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Phil, I hope you know how amazing and limitless your options are. I completely understand not wanting to be pigeon-holed as this-or-that. I'm Ruby, with assorted problems, and you're Phil, with your own mixed basket of experiences. Those experiences, conditions, medical problems, etc., are not WHO we are. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful, person experience.
                    Rubes
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well done phil ,onward & upward to your own dream.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hello darlin’
                        That was so beautiful. Tragic, disarming and very moving! Your strength and determination shines through as always. Self expression is such a valuable tool to knowing and honoring ourselves, a powerful reminder of all that we are and can be.

So very good to hear from you again!! And ditto to you hon! Talk soon….x,

Take care my friend
                        xxx
                        The mind is in its own place, and in itself
                        Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Thank you ALL for your comments. I think this shall be the final cut then!! The perfectionist in me wants it to be.....well, perfect! but after reading your comments I shall leave well alone and just burn it onto a DVD. I have a Xmas reunion at SHARP the treatment center I was in and we've been asked to get a bit creative on the day. Some folks are reading poetry they've written and a few are singing songs etc so I got creative and made this video to show. I have to admit the transition between the two photos of me as a child and an adult (tree-hugger!) was not intended at first. I don't know how that came about when I was overlaying the two pictures, but it did. When I saw it I just cried because it was so beautiful and I knew straight away what piece of music to put to it. I believe this video was made not to 'show off' but with God at my side and I'm glad you were moved by it, as I know i was.

Thanks again and keep the faith

Love and Light
                          Phil
                          xx
                          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

hippie37;769320 wrote: I have to admit the transition between the two photos of me as a child and an adult (tree-hugger!) was not intended at first. I don't know how that came about when I was overlaying the two pictures, but it did. When I saw it I just cried because it was so beautiful and I knew straight away what piece of music to put to it. I believe this video was made not to 'show off' but with God at my side and I'm glad you were moved by it, as I know i was.
                            That is amazing Phil. Brought a tear to my eye! I hope the reunion is a great experience for you and the others.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

As your adopted mum I have to tell you that you just bought a tear to my eye, I am sooo proud of you ........... i'm gonna put that on my facebook page, a lot of my friends on there are from my AA meeting and I know that they will appreciate it ...........

Thanks Phil ............ Love & Hugs, BB xx
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X