I saved a life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saved a life

I work with the public and pretty much has seen alot, but the other day really woke me up and told me to attempt to stay AF again and I am worth something. There was a guy who wanted to buy a fifth of vodka. We was obviously over 21, but I carded him anyway, something didn't seem right. He told me this story about is license had been revoked due to a current DWI charge and he could only drive between 4 and 9pm. All the red flags went up, I told him there is no way I will sell this to you. Oh boy, he was mad, but I felt really good, I felt that I saved someones life that night. Savannah 1 Vodka 0.

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

I saved a life

Good Job, Savannah!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I saved a life

This really seems weird to me. I don't think I'd like someone else deciding if I could buy a bottle of booze or not. I'm a full grown person --able to make my own decisions, even if they kill me.

What if he'd pulled out an ID? I got two DUI's, and I got an ID card at DMV so I wouldn't be without identification.
      Kelly

Comment

I saved a life

Urban, where I'm from that is a total NO!. He had a license, but it was restricted. Also, we have sting operations and my company would have been paying a very HUGE fine and so would I.

Comment

I saved a life

His license restricts him from driving --not buying booze.
          Kelly

Comment

I saved a life

I must agree with UF. I would have been pissed off. I am sure that he just went and bought it somewhere else.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I saved a life

lol..I'm sure he did buy his AL from somewhere else, but you know what, the blood was off my hands. The same with if he was already intoxicated, our policy is to refuse the sale.

Comment

Working...
              X