Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

popping in to say hello!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in and let everyone who helped me through the beginning stages of my quit, and my marriage issues, know that I was still alive.

I am sorry I do not get in often anymore (although I do a quick read thru every few days) I am not on internet often once I get home from work, and neither is hubby as we are following very strict rules of our MC. She wants us to spend time together rather than sitting on internet every night.

So . Long story short....STILL AF !!! :cheering: And marriage is very much on the mend. He has realized that it was not just my drinking that was destroying our marriage, that in fact, issues from the past as well as feeling very alone (hubby and sons with video games, computers constantly..me feeling like a cook and maid only) was also contributing, although it doesn't excuse some of my actions, he is taking equal responsiblity for damage and the repairing that is now going on.

So. I am grateful for being sober, though some days I still cannot get the beast out of my head, I am strong enough to fight it off. I am grateful for my husband recommitting to loving me the way I should be loved. I am grateful for all my friends at MWO who held my hand and comforted me thru what was the darkest period of my life. I will never head back to the dark side!!

Love
    Lynn

popping in to say hello!

Wonderful news, done. As great as this place is, we have to remember the people in our lives. Relationships take constant work, just like gardens, to flourish. Hubs and I too are working on our marriage, and I have already seen such an improvement. I'm so happy to hear from you, and hope you'll pop in and give us occasional updates! :hug:
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

popping in to say hello!

Lynn,
      It is so good to hear from you. Life and marriage are complicated issues, and you are working through them. I hope I contributed to the mass of help you received here.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

popping in to say hello!

Awww... That's wonderful news! Thanks for sharing!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

popping in to say hello!

:yougo::yougo::yougo:!!

Thank you for stopping in to share your message of hope. I know that your story will be so encouraging to so many here!!! Congratulations - you made me smile big, that's for sure!!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

popping in to say hello!

That's very good news donewithit! I'm happy for you!
            I wish we all enjoyed that level of cooperation.
            Keep up the good work

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

popping in to say hello!

:l:l:l

thanks to you all...and yes you too sunny!!!

while i may not be here often..i will always check in..and will try to help out more..esp when the MC isn;t being so tough on us for staying off computer. only reason i am on tonight is that greg is sleeping thru sheer exhaustion..but checking for my cathy in chat then going up to join him..

love
              lynn

Comment

popping in to say hello!

I was happy to read your post. Me and my wife getting on really good now after months of distance caused by my drinking. She has been forgiving/understanding and since AF there is new romance and passion between us, all very exiting and part of recovery. Lots of guilt about months comatose each evening and shouting at the kids, but we can get through and I guess that is all part of the recovery too.
                I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Working...
                X