I'm not comming back for awhile !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First I have to say that I really do LOVE ALL OF YOU !!!!!
    But my ANGER is getting the better of me !!!
    This is NOT the place for that !!!

You all have beem nothing less than TOTALLY supportive of my progress !!
    And I don't tihink I could have come this far without you all !!

I now spend most of my time in chat.
    And LOVE ALL of my wonderful friends that I have developed there!!
    But in my mind chat is either for support with AL or just plain FUN !!
    And I have none of that to offer right now !!
    I come on and the room will be having fun and I just fuck up the mood !!!
    I am so tired of doing that !!!!!!!!!!

I have been SO privilaged and humbled by those of you that have said that my journey has helped them!!!!
    But that has mostly been on the boards.
    And like I said I spend most of my time in chat.
    And I'm just not doing any GOOD for anybody there !!!
    PLEASE DON'T let me slow any of you down !!!
    This decision has NOTHING to do with AL !!!!!

This site is for AL problems !!
    NOT ANGER managment !!!

Please don't get me wrong I'll still be around just in "lurking" mode!!!
    I will try to be there for those that really NEED my help as puny as that is !!
    I'll be keeping up with the boards but I may not have much input.
    If ANY of you really need me I'll be here just PM me and I will be there for you !!!!

Yo all of my chat FAMILY you may see me drop in but I may not "talk" at all or I may just say hi and "lurk"

I sitll don't know how this will work as I am truly a "junkie" and you all are my new "FIX" instead of AL !!!
    But I think it will be best for all of us !!!

MUCH LOVE and PEACE to you all !!!!
    And I REALLY LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!!

Bob :h:h

Hi Bob, can I just say that I felt a bit similar to you recently.
    I felt like running away from everyone who has given me unconditional support for a long time.
    For me, I have now realised (rather late in the day) that my issues are not just alc/drugs. The key now is finding out how to deal with them.
    I am going to try counselling, good nutrition, exercise and reading lots of books on depression recovery.
    Whatever you are going through, do what you need to do, but always know that people are here for you OK?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Bob,

We're here to support you which ever mood you're in.

J x

:l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Bob, I have not posted for some time, no real reason apart from pressure's of work etc. I do go to AA meetings which are such a comfort and support to me. I do hope you can find some comfort in whatever you decide to do. I think anger is one of the reasons why I drank, my anger lessened and so did my drinking. I have not had a drink for 5 months now, so maybe my anger is better controlled, as I do still suffer from it, I think we have to learn to cope the best way we can.
        Wishing you well.

Comment

hi bob, if you need to talk just pm me. or post here.

:headbanger: i am going to anger management counciling and it is helping me :soapbox2:

It does take time & patience, Anyway wish you all the best & you know we are all here for you. keep the faith brother you will win this battle.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Bob, there is a book titled "Letting Go of Anger" you might want to talk a look at. :l
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I found it useful to recognise a connection between anger issues and alcohol issues.
              I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Appropriate anger

Its nice to be able to see there is such a thing as appropriate anger, anger that actually works to further a situation and resolve feelings,
                A lot of our problems has been repressed anger & rage we kept to ourselves, a lot of it stored up inside of us and waiting for opportunities to leak out in tiny ways or to blast out. We need to recognise and own the anger that we carry and look for therapeutic situations in which we can dump it once & for all, When you get rid of it in these ways you will no longer need to get it out of your system by making big problems out of small ones or by raging at people who dont deserve it..
                It is easy to fly into a passion-Anybody can do that but to be angry with the right person to the right extinct at the right time and with the right object in the right way, That is not easy and it is not everybody who can do it.Do not lose your inward peace for any thing whatsoever. even if your whole world seems upset.The most heated bit of letter writing can be a wonderful safety valve-providing the wastebasket is somewhat nearby.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi All
                  Mario you really have me reflecting. Thanks. With al out of my life I don't carry the rage I once had but an issue that still needs work

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  AF 5-16-08
                  Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  AF 5-16-08

Comment

Hey Bob,

I would be angry too if I had to go through all the crap you are going through right now. Get it all out !! Stay far away from the beast or things will not get better!! There is light at the end of the tunnel. I wish you much strength in this difficult time :l
                    Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Bob...you are no burden, I feel that is what you are saying.

Are you kidding me???

You are a very much loved member of this site. Knock it off, stop worrying yourself about us, and continue being with us.

Anything less will simply piss me off. You know we care for you..get your a$$ back here pronto. We support eachother...bet there was a time or ten you were there for others..

DLA :l
                      Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
                      Sir Walter Scott
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Poop head.

Pop in and put all this away.

Dump your anger on me. Get back to living with your friends.

Pm me all your anger. I can match it. Promise.

Comment

MisterS;773075 wrote: Poop head.

Pop in and put all this away.

Dump your anger on me. Get back to living with your friends.

Pm me all your anger. I can match it. Promise.
                          Bet I can too..

Come on Bob.. we all go thru sh*t and at least we have a place were we can tell..and not be judged..you KNOW we LOVE you...

DLA :l:h:l
                          Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
                          Sir Walter Scott
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

big hugs to you bob..we are here for you anyime you need .. please take care of yourself for you and yours .. stay strong and please keep it positive
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Take care of yourself Bob, and you know mwo is always here for you...
                              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
                              X