New christmas spirit, hopefully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was stressed when I started a christmas thread, I was stuck in a 20 yr xmas hole,
    then burried it in alcohol, thinking I couldn't stop it's greedy presence - until tonight.

My wife has gone out for a work xmas bash. I'm trying to stay sober-ish until she is safely back my son and I are chatting.

He has told me he doesn't care about the presents or having loads of people around, he just wants a relaxed christmas without mum going into shouting fits about getting the house cleaned up.
    He said that was why, every christmas he asks to go out with me to buy the last xmas bits, because he can't stand the shouting.

It was like a breath of fresh air. (chip off the old block or what - he didn't even know I was planning to go to the boat for christmas on my own)

My wife hardly drinks, but she and her family go well over the top to everyone's downfall.

He wants simple, fun time. My other boys will want that too.
    Grandma has already bought the gammon, why ? we may not want to do gammon this year, most of it get's thrown away. It's like a contest, can we have the biggest gammon and turkey in town.
    One year the turkey was so big the idiots had to cut it up to get it in the oven - Ha Ha.

We are sensible - we are only buying 2 small ones.

Happy christmas at last.
    We have 2 people here, me and my eldest son, that just want a fun christmas.
    I look forward to more volunteers in the ranks next year.

I don't think I'll drink much either, I am the chef !
    Thankyou for your patience, and sorry to all of you that I have drunkenly pm'd
    I will do it honest.
    Andrew.

Sad & thanks!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Andrew, I was going to get excited, but just for myself, why?!?! I am sad as my kids said last night when I asked them if they wanted to help me get into the spirit & decorate they both said no( they are of course 16 & 18)so go figure?!

I wish you the best, right now feeling useless, thanks for the thread & the paience to let me vent!!:thanks:

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

happy bonding with your son. A good positive attitude makes any situation better.
      Bet you had a lot of turkey casseroles, sandwiches, stews last year!
      :notes:
      My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves me altogether.

"When enough is enough, that's when you know your half way there"-Tim Mcllrath

Comment

Andrew, what a lovely post!
        Have a wonderful Christmas, it sounds like you might just do that!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
        X