X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the brat is anxiously thinking of returning

Hi, Everyone,

I doubt anyone here will remember me.

I participated on MWO for over a year and then quit when a friend got banned. This person made me laugh as no other person (real or cyber) could and then was no longer allowed to participate. I was so mystified that I felt very unsafe continuing. My friend was deeply kind to me (as well as to others) and got me through a LOT.

Roberta, I can imagine that my return is making you cringe. I am so sorry! I don't want to cause anyone suffering. If you (or, anyone else) want me to leave as well, please tell me.

I'm back because some severe stresses have "caused" my alcohol consumption to increase. Really, I feel that alcohol is my emotional umbillicus to my deceased mother who drank heavily at midlife. Also, I am beginning to wonder whether there is a connection between my possible sugar addiction (perhaps, an odd thing given that my choice of wine is always something very dry and I greatly prefer the darkest chocolates), and my alcohol cravings.

For some time, there was a woman named Mary who signed on as MKR who seemed to have a pattern similar to mine. She got better and moved on, and so I missed her, too. Mighty Mouse II, where are you? Tumadre, I miss you and hope that you are doing well. DiLayne, you've been in my thoughts. Namaste! There were a several other lovely souls who became important to me who got better (I hope!) and then left, and I started to feel sad about those losses, too. Although I live thousands of miles from where I grew up, I've tend to keep my friendships forever. And, while it might seem odd in light of the fact that I have so many real life friendships, these cyber pals understood a part of me that no one else even recognizes--my disordered drinking--and I grew to care deeply about them and about their struggles.

If anyone remembers me, my life is fundamentally the same. Nonetheless, my father, a very light drinker, is dying and I cry every day about that. He is a really good fighter, super smart and is dying at age 79 of a birth defect. Odd, I know. It has been pointed out to me more than once that "he's had a really long run, given . . . ".

My more recent relationship with MWO has been one of a consumer. I purchase HUGE quantities of supplements about once or twice a year.

If anyone remembers me and wants me to leave, please tell me. I realize that my disappearing act, while defensive, could have hurt the feelings of others and I don't want to continue to act in a disrespectful vein.

If anyone feels that it is ok that I stay, please let me know. I'm really scared because I'm now drinking about a bottle of wine each day and I know that I'm on a slippery slope.

Yours, E

Hey, I don't have long left with my internet access tonight. Fan was blamed for a lot the other day and it was not him. I don't know the history and I don't know you. PM me if you wish. I'm sorry I don't have the internet time to talk now.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

E ............ I remember you, and it is lovely that you are back!!!!!

Please stay hun!!!!!

Love & Hugs, BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

e
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

That was harsh, but I think you need it. Sorry if I'm wrong.
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Wow.

I don't know you, either, Pan-icked. I am most certainly not off my face! I am stone cold sober. Perhaps my personality is just wrong for this place.

Eustacia

Comment

Hi E - I'm still here. Nice to see you again.

Pan - your post is out of order. Absolutely out of order.

Comment

I'm Stirly-Girly.
                I'm new here E so I don't know you.
                I would imagine tho' that most folks who wander away from MWO for whatever reason would be welcomed back to the fold. Unless someone has been outright nasty (e.g. recent posts in a thread by Hillary), or had been posting under the influence of some kind of drug or alcohol and had been out of line, obnoxious, or obscene, IMO there's no reason for them not to return.
                You obviously are in need of communicating with the members of MWO and the support of the group. I hope that you will be welcomed back and that you will find the support you need here.
                Stirly
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

P.S. Have no idea who Fan is either and why he got banned...
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi E, Welcome back and dont be scared there is a lot of nice people here, i got to say love the thread you started of ...Why am i a thread killer!
                    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hi Eustacia, I dont know you either, however, I have to say that you have as much right to be hear as anyone else, no need to be scared jump aboard and welcome back.

Comment

yo

eustacia;775742 wrote: Hi, Everyone,

I doubt anyone here will remember me.

I participated on MWO for over a year and then quit when my friend, Fan, got banned. Fan made me laugh as no other person (real or cyber) could and when he was banned, I was so mystified that I felt very unsafe continuing. Fan was deeply kind to me (as well as to others) and he got me through a LOT. He helped me when I fell off the moderation wagon and I felt that he was one of the few people in my life who had ever truly understood who I was. When Fan got kicked out, I felt, rightly or not, that MWO was mainly a proprietary site, and this freaked me out. While I'm the most hesitant of joiners and I abhor cults, I signed on several times a day to support others and to get help when I needed it.

I'm back because some severe stresses have "caused" my alcohol consumption to increase. Really, I feel that alcohol is my emotional umbillicus to my deceased mother who drank heavily at midlife. Also, I am beginning to wonder whether there is a connection between my possible sugar addiction (perhaps, an odd thing given that my choice of wine is always something very dry and I greatly prefer the darkest chocolates) and my alcohol cravings.

For some time, there was a woman named Mary who signed on as MKR who seemed to have a pattern similar to mine. She got better and moved on, and so I missed her, too. There were a few others who became important to me who got better (I hope!) and then left, and I started to feel sad about those losses, too. Although I live thousands of miles from where I grew up, I tend to keep my friendships forever. I am now in my 50s and I still have friends from nursery school. I know that having such long friendships flies in the face of what I wrote about being understood by Fan and a few others around here.

Still, I mostly felt bad about not understanding why I could no longer communicate with Fan.

If anyone remembers me, my life is fundamentally the same. Nonetheless, my father, a very light drinker, is dying and I cry every day about that. He is a really good fighter, super smart and is dying at age 79 of a birth defect. Odd, I know . . . Also, my marriage of many years is better but far from perfect.

If anyone remembers me and wants me to leave, please tell me. I realize that my disappearing act could have hurt the feelings of others and I don't want to continue to act in a disrespectful vein.

If anyone feels that it is ok that I stay, please let me know. I'm really scared.

Yours, E
                        hi tacia,welcome,with alcoholism and drug addiction,comes insecurity,we find someone that can relate to,then they leave in some capacity,you no what i mean,i wont say for all the reasons,there are to many,by the way im sorry to here of your fathers fate,but that is one of the ways we cant change,you should embrace him ,you've had him for 79 years,my mom died when i was 18,my father when i was 25,and im 56 now,as far as you staying or leaving that is up to you,you have to realise were all addicted to something here,that is why we come here,Roberta only gave us another way out,another place to go to,other then the groups ,that people out there already have to go to,no matter where you go there is going to be someone to criticize you,i dont no you but im glad you came back,obviously something someone said made a difference,welcom back gyco

Comment

Hi Eustacia
                          It's so nice to see you back!
                          Please stay and get the support that you need in your life right now.
                          You have some really stressful things happening for you and it's good that
                          you were able to reach out.:goodjob:
                          Take care Pana

Comment

Hi Eustacia
                            I'm not around long enough to remember you, left myself for a few months, usual reasons unfortunately! I cannot understand why you would think there could be any reason anyone should have problems with anyone being here ...surely we're all in the same boat? I do notice since I came back most people are fabulous and supportive but there are some around who seem very cranky and a bit offputting, maybe its the time of the year? Anyway looking forward to being in touch
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I remember you Eustacia...welcome back..and i hope u find some support here.. I have been here a long time and i pop in and out! Stay strong and all the best to you. Bella XXX

Comment

Working...
                              X