Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not looking forward to xmas

Hi all

Some of you may remember that my sister's 2yr old son died suddenly of meningitis on Boxing day 2008. This whole year has been a sad, pain filled blur for my family. I am finding it so very hard to get 'in the mood' for christmas and it's not fair on my kids. I am snappy, weepy and moody and i know come boxing day it will be so tempting to just blot everything out with AL. I dont want to because I need to be sober. I'm just getting scared. As xmas get's closer i'm getting more anxious and upset.

Thanks for listening xxx

My heart goes out to you. :l So sorry for your families loss.

This can be a very hard time of year for a lot of folks for a lot of reasons. I can be very Ba-humbug at times too. I use Theanine and Be Calm when I get really anxious or moody. It seems to help.

Take care of yourself.
    :l
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Sweetgum - I understand what you are going through. I feel the same way. My brother in law died suddenly at 42 (three kids 3-16) and it has devastated us. We buried him the day before Thanksgiving just a few weeks ago and the holidays have been so hard. I have been AF for a few days so far after diving head first into a vat of Cabernet after his death. It is hard, but so much harder drinking to deal with this. It is hard enough on the family and my kids - they don't need a buzzed mom on top of it. Grief is so tricky. Hits you when you least expect it, at least it does me. I will be fine, then all the sudden be a weeping mess. And that is without AL. I am so sorry to hear about your loss, devastating. Bless you and your family and I wish you strength through this hard time. Try your best to stay AF - you will have clarity and strength that you cannot believe after years of being robbed of it by AL. Keep posting and know you are among friends.

K
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
      X