Notes from the nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notes from the nest

One is on the couch with the cushy pillows. Last night I hunkered down there with the soup and a movie. The movie finished at 8 and I just lay on the couch in the silence watching the fire with little doggie sprawled over me. The cat lay on his back in front of the fire. Tiny lights from the Christmas tree and a couple candles cast soft light in the room. I could hear the rain. I had that delicious feeling of contentment there in the silence and coziness. Quiet moments like that soothe my soul and refresh my spirit. I felt really, really grateful.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Notes from the nest

Can I come to your house?
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Notes from the nest

Greeneyes,
      Thank you so very much for this post. I am going to print your post out and refer to it often as my goal in the coming year. I put off going AF til after the holidays and I am so sorry that I did. Because I have continued to drink, I have not experienced the contentment and gratitude that you felt last evening. It is what I long for and what a perfect picture that you have created for me to invision my future. I am ever so grateful.
      Barb

Comment

Notes from the nest

Greenie

How lovely. I felt peaceful just reading your post.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Notes from the nest

Oh Greenie, that is beautiful....
          I had a similar feeling of peace while I was out in the country today with the dogs, just pure contentment.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Notes from the nest

Thanks for sharing! :h
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Notes from the nest

Greenie, Reading this was like reading the best Christmas card! Thank you!
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Notes from the nest

nice one greenie, sounds wonderfull

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Notes from the nest

Excellent, very soothing.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                  X