army thread 20th of december

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiptronic_ct;777521 wrote: Its about strong women. 4 generations of them - hence the "line" bit. The original Flemish title is just "Antonia". I'm not going to tell you more, but you MUST watch it. All women should watch it. It is that kind of spirit that makes me respect Mrs. T.
    I will watch it. Who is in it?
    I have also been advised to watch Its a Wonderful Life, I am just waiting for it to be delivered
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;777517 wrote: I fecking hate circumstance. Call it Murphy's Law, call it what you like...

But every so often, just when things really seem to be going well, life rears its ugly head.

I'm not feeling down or anything, but Jan's situation is so frustrating. Getting Ollie back is within grasp, and now health problems intervene.
      I know...sometimes life seems very unfair. Often though although we cant see the reasoning, I believe that things happen to show us something we need to learn

Comment

yes mr tips,that seems to be the case with a lot of us,when everything is sailing along nicely, along comes a big wave and upsets the balance, but thats when we all have to be stronger and help & support each other,we are one of the ,if not the, strongest armys in the world.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

startingover;777523 wrote: I will watch it. Who is in it?
          I have also been advised to watch Its a Wonderful Life, I am just waiting for it to be delivered
          No one famous or anything. It is in Flemish, with English subtitles. The story unfolds in a small village after WWII.

Just watch it
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

mario;777525 wrote: yes mr tips,that seems to be the case with a lot of us,when everything is sailing along nicely, along comes a big wave and upsets the balance, but thats when we all have to be stronger and help & support each other,we are one of the ,if not the, strongest armys in the world.
            You're right, Mario.

And you too, Starts

It won't won't do any good to act like a little boy, pout and say "life no fair"... Although I'm tempted.
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Oh, and before I forget: safe travels, Grim

Be careful on the N2 heading to Cape Town.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

mario;777525 wrote: yes mr tips,that seems to be the case with a lot of us,when everything is sailing along nicely, along comes a big wave and upsets the balance, but thats when we all have to be stronger and help & support each other,we are one of the ,if not the, strongest armys in the world.
                Well said Mario, its so true too.
                I wasnt sure whether to say this, but I could do with your positve thoughts please.
                Yesterday I found a lump in my breast, I am SURE its OK, ive had them before, but its always the same, that little river of fear runs through me.

Comment

Oh and what I meant to add was that yes mario, when things are going so well something comes up that makes us need to dig a bit deeper into that resolve.

Comment

startingover;777529 wrote: Well said Mario, its so true too.
                    I wasnt sure whether to say this, but I could do with your positve thoughts please.
                    Yesterday I found a lump in my breast, I am SURE its OK, ive had them before, but its always the same, that little river of fear runs through me.
                    It must be worrisome for you, Starts, especially with your mom. My thoughts will be with you. When can you have it checked out?

Mrs. T has been fortunate, but she is very worried ahead of every mammogram she goes for.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I think we need some music to uplift us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3uPuiQOn9w[/video]]
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I am giving the doc a call tomorrow.
                        Yes, its that fear of the big C word isnt it?
                        Does Mrs T have a mammogram regularly?
                        Over here we dont get them regularly until we are over 50

Comment

tiptronic_ct;777533 wrote: I think we need some music to uplift us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3uPuiQOn9w[/video]]YouTube - Labi Siffre - something inside so strong
                          Oh Tigger, I LOVE that song, it always makes me feel good.
                          Thank you :l

Comment

Oh, and before I forget...

We sometimes get so caught up in the small particulars, that we fail to see the bigger picture. Can't see the forest for the trees, sometimes.

I woke up this morning and started pottering about with my coffee mug in hand. Got the pool cleaner going, switched off the outside lights, opened the windows... And then I realised for the 1st time: alcohol has lost its hold on me. Its as simple as that. I am no longer scared of it. I know I can win, as long as I remain on guard and not get complacent.

Bloody marvellous.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

startingover;777529 wrote: Well said Mario, its so true too.
                              well starts as you well know you have to get it checked out asap,as in now.sending you big :l:l, starts.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mario;777537 wrote: well starts as you well know you have to get it checked out asap,as in now.sending you big :l:l, starts.
                                Thanks Mario, I will do just that, hugs are welcome. Back at ya :l

Comment

Working...
                                X