I'm going to lose him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to lose him

Trying so hard to get Sober but the Man I love won't or can't understand what this is like. When I get sick off of the W/D He just yells at me. I force myself to clean and shower and look pretty but I don't know how much more I can take.

Then my Ex wants me to come back and I can't stomach that/ him and I will lose my B/F forever.

Just venting.....
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching.
    ~author unknown

One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I'm having a good time.
    ~Nancy Astor

I'm going to lose him

Hi Cindi, the trouble is that no one can really understand what we go through and their own worry might come across as anger.
    That aside, the ONLY one you can really get sober for is you.
    What are you doing to manage the withdrawals?
    For me, rest, lots of water, good food and supplements helped, plus a dogged determination to get through them.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'm going to lose him

I try to rest/ eat well.... but I have some serious Family issues that are making it so damn hard. And it does not help matters that because my Ex is kind of stalker like-then my b/f he tells me he's going to take his Ex Girlfriend out. Whether he means it or not it does not help my struggle. I can't control other peoples actions but it makes me just want to drink again.
      ~author unknown

~Nancy Astor

Comment

I'm going to lose him

Oh that must be so hard on you Cindi.
        It does sound as if your BF doesnt really have your best interests at heart?

Comment

I'm going to lose him

That's what is hurting me so bad. I know what I have to do but I want so bad to make this work.
          ~author unknown

~Nancy Astor

Comment

I'm going to lose him

The thing is that it really takes two to make anything work, if he isnt willing as well it isnt going to happen no matter how much you want it to....
            I know it hurts sweetie...

Comment

I'm going to lose him

Yes it does hurt and Thank You for listening to me. I just wish there was a way to get him to...not yell at me, understand I'm going to stumble and fall now and then and this is a most horrific disease. He's a Police Officer so "tough love" is his way. But I beg him to try to be a little understanding.

I just don't know.....
              ~author unknown

~Nancy Astor

Comment

I'm going to lose him

Sometimes we have to just take the bull by the horns so to speak and do it ourselves, not rely on support from others, but just get on with it. Maybe actions will speak louder than words? If he sees you making a success of your sobriety, perhaps he will come round?

Comment

I'm going to lose him

I'm going to try. Like I said though I have Family problems that are taking up my time. He is patient with that though.
                  ~author unknown

~Nancy Astor

Comment

I'm going to lose him

Thats good, at least he is helping you through that.
                    He probably just doesnt understand how hard this struggle is.
                    Is there anyone you can talk to to help you? A professional maybe?

Comment

I'm going to lose him

I have..didn't help.. it's going to be up to me to get rid of this.
                      ~author unknown

~Nancy Astor

Comment

I'm going to lose him

Sometimes you need to search around for the right professional.
                        What about trying meds or supplements?

Comment

I'm going to lose him

Hi Cindi
                          I sympathize, i also on this horrible route of trying to get sober, day 5 af but don't know about Christmas, actually Christmas has to be ok cos I'm takin antabuse so...... anyway back to the point. My husband swore support and understanding when I went to doctor last Monday and spoke to someone for the first time about my alcoholism and yes he was wonderful.... for about 3 days and then the novelty wore off. Now when I am ( I think) understandably cranky and quiet and just not me he is pissed with me and we are narking already, don't reckon it will get better. If only I had him 100% behind me it would be so much easier, I agree Starty this has to be for us, ourselves but God you need someone in your court!!! Stay strong Cindi, it is for you and me and all of us here and we can support eachother.... tell me about family problems! Someday we can compare notes. In the meantime lets keep going as Starty says one day, hour, minute, moment at a time, I KNOW it will be worth it
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'm going to lose him

hi cindi & mollyka,like many people here i went through hell at the start,but it can be beaten,but in my opinion you have to do it for yourself by yourself,people that do not have problems drinking find it very hard to understand what we are going through,how can they ?.when i say by yourself i do mean helping yourself with communities like this or aa,keep posting and reading threads here it all helps and you are not alone in this.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                            X