Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aunty Mame no more!

Hi all,

I came to MWO about a year and a half ago, in a major depression and with my drinking absolutely out of control. 7 days a week, and some days on a 24 hours basis.

I chose the name Aunty Mame, firstly because lots of the names I tried were already taken, and also because I had recently re-watched the movie (the Lucille Ball version), which I had first seen at the movies when I was a kid and which I absolutely loved. (and I still have a corny fondness for all musicals!!)

Since then, with the support of people here, I have managed 2 decent periods of being AF, and some shorter times as well. But, like lots of people here, I struggle on a daily basis. There is no doubt in my mind that I need to spend the rest of my life being AF. I just find it hard to actually put it into practice.

Anyway, with a new year coming up, I'm giving it another shot. My plan is in place (and actually its a good plan, I'm just piss poor at executing it!) but I decided that as a marker I wanted to change my name. I dont know whether any of you know the story of Aunty Mame: it is a great story, very funny and I love the character's eccentricity. But in the end she is a little tragic and controlled by fate. And I know it sounds a bit bizarre to be affected by a fictional identity that I use in an anonymous forum, but over the last couple of months, I've started to feel like I didn't want to be this character any more.

I've spent quite a lot of time thinking about my new name, but in the end chose this one in a heart beat when I got some bath salts with this label on it in a Secret Santa!! I love the way that fate/the Universe just send you stuff that you need sometimes!!

I am so grateful to many people on this forum. Particularly the NDT nutters, the meno-princesses, the Army and those on the Monthly Abstinence forum (which I plan to re-join when I feel liked I've "earned my stripes" as it were!!). You have supported me through some very tough times ...... stuff going on around me with my family and friends (and animals!) as well as for me. But I'm leaving Aunty Mame on the shelf and becoming Miss Behaving instead. I'm not saying that I expect not to struggle any more. But I'm giving it my best shot. Again!!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Aunty Mame no more!

Love it!! Everything about it!! Wish you the very best!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

It's a fabby name Miss Behaving.

Not only is it a new name, it's a new year and a new decade.

J x

:l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

Hello Mame or Miss Behaving,

You must like music also to choose these names. Ain't Misbehaving is one of my favorite sets. So in my book you are already a cool bean.
        Wherever you are, the future can be as bright as you make it. Welcome back and I look forward to hearing more.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
        AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

Bye AM, this is for the new you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DfGHBO2omw[/video]]YouTube - Muppet Show. Electric Mayhem - Ain't Misbehavin' (s1e02)
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

Miss Behaving, you can call yourself by any name you want, you're still your same wonderful self!
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

Lovely upbeat post, brimful of optimism.........you`re to be admired.

As for Miss Behaving ?..........I absolutely love it, a bit tongue-in-cheek.........made me LMAO.

I hope your new username brings you all that you wish for. :l

Star x
              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

Hey
                What a great name for a fresh start! I love it....Miss Beginning!!! Wow!
                All the best!
                When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

You know you're one of my favs, no matter what you call yourself. Just don't 'mis-behave'!!! I've got your back, babe.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

Perfect.
                    Happy Holidays!
                    -Sheep

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

Miss Behaving, thats a great story!
                      May 2010 bring you all you desire.
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

Thank you everyone!

Onwards and upwards!
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

goodbye auntymame:b&d::banana:hello miss behaving:hallo:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

Well well well Missy...any which way you call yourself you're still the beautiful, courageous, supportive lady I've come to know & love.
                            Love your reasoning, love your new name...here's to a fabulous AF 2010.

xo

Comment

Aunty Mame no more!

Miss Behaving!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I will try not to keep calling you Auntie Mame by accident - that was a cool name too. But I can so relate to the stars in the universe just lining up a certain way. I believe we are sent messages by the universe all the time - I just ignored mine for way too long.

Get thy butt to the abstinence section stat! YOU CAN DO THIS!! Together we can accomplish so much.

:l to you, to Uncle Mame (will he be getting a new name too?????) Mis(ter)-Behavin' perhaps??? and the kitties.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X