Why am I DOING this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why am I DOING this!!

Well I was 5 months AF and then had 2 glasses the other night, and now 2 glasses tonight, still being restrained but why am I doing it AT ALL! :upset:
    You?ve had to hide sometimes, but now you?re all right

:bonkers:

Why am I DOING this!!

Hi DO25!:welcome:

My guess is that you are out of routine due to the holidays. What do you think? Just don't be too hard on yourself about it and get back on track ASAP!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Why am I DOING this!!

Hi, DO25, and welcome!

I am assuming you didn't plan this, or are not consciously attempting to "moderate".
      I can't tell you why. I will ask you, can you stop? If there's any around pour it out, and don't buy more. I say this because I see what I've done in the past, and it only gets worse. Starts like that, then only escalates. Next thing it's out of control.

Sometimes unexpected triggers come up - I felt this myself about a week ago. I've been AF for around 4 1/2 months, and really felt I could cave in for the first time since the early days. I had to really go back and review the "basics" of the toolbox, up the supps, pull out the CDs. But mainly just not cave in to that urge, wait until it passed, realize what was causing it, and worry about solving the problem a different way, or accepting I couldn't at the moment. Reminding myself AL wouldn't and COULDN'T help. A day at a time, or hour, or minute.

So, stop before it goes any further. Then it will be easier to figure out the "why". Take care.

ps - I love your signature - from one of my all time favorite songs. - Dance
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Why am I DOING this!!

Hi DO25,

It's a tricky time of year, isn't it? I caved in before Christmas last year after 8.5 months AF. But that scared me back to being AF straight away, fortunately.

I second what dancelot said. And I'd add that support is very important too. I see you don't post much here. Do you have support in "real life" - AA or family and friends behind you? It's a tough thing to try by yourself, especially after a few months when some people say the novelty wears off. Could you post more often, maybe join a daily thread? I find it helps with accountability. Come and say hello in the daily thread in monthly abs whenever you feel like it.

Try to get back on track ASAP. You KNOW where it will lead if you don't.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Why am I DOING this!!

5 AF months is so easily unravelled. Those couple of glasses you`re having is the slippery slope. Quit while you`re ahead.

My best to you,

Star x
          Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Why am I DOING this!!

You have done so well on 5 months AF and this is a difficult time of year but please stop before things escalate. In the past after any period of time AF I would have a couple of glasses of wine and before I knew it was back to 2 and a half bottles a night. Consider this to be a lapse and you CAN stop this becoming a full blown relapse. Don't dwell on the fact you have had a few drinks, you can't change the past, but yu can prevent this from getting worse!

All the best,
            Dora

Comment

Why am I DOING this!!

Don't worry,just stop

Don't worry, it's fine! Just stop now. That's all! It'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
              X