Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving that REALLY matters

It feels good to give doesn't it?

Well, for the most part. I felt right rough after giving blood for the first time. But in the grand scheme of things it was no big deal.

I got my very own doner card in the mail and felt rather chuffed! Not so much over the card but the awesome letter from the American Red Cross that came with it.

They said:
    I may have helped save up to three lives!
    I really have done something amazing.
    Only 30% of first-time doners come back to give a second time. (I wonder why that is?)
    Every day in the US, 39,000 donations are needed. (every DAY)
    I can give again after January 25th.

And I will.

For info, you can visit givelife.org or call 1-800-GIVE LIFE (448-3543)
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

It is an amazing and simple gift. Blood that is donated, not sold is so necessary to the medical system in this country. No one knows when they or a loved one's life will depend on someone's 'gift'. I cannot donate, but everyone else in my family does. It's a responsibility we feel, and a blessing when we think of the lives it helps.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well done Greeny. I am sad to say that, although I was a regular donor, I stopped giving blood many years ago because I was an everyday drinker and couldnt bare the thought of what my AL level would show up as and the thought that the donation would have to be discarded. Sad state of affairs really. Your post has spurned me on to donate again in the new year when I have some decent AF time under my belt. We only have free donations in Ireland so it is so important that people give this gift.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
      X