Another new year . . . another attempt at remaining AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I'm not one for New Year's resolutions, I've definitely picked up the habit of attempting to start each new year AF, a tradition I began on New Year's Eve 2005. Lo and behold, it's four years later and I'm in the same boat. Even worse, I fear that my drinking is finally starting to show damage to my body, albeit in subtle ways. Since last New Year's, I've been experiencing a dull ache in my right upper quadrant, exacerbated by drinking binges as well as eating fatty foods. Although my last bloodwork revealed that my liver enzymes are all normal, I'm well-aware that this says very little. Drinking is not fun anymore and has truly put my life on hold. Hopefully I, and others struggling, can make positive use of the arbitrary arrival of another year and abandon this poison for good!

good luck, i too am trying again this year, perhaps we can help eachother, happy sober new year to you, tawnywitch
    Twitch

Comment

wish you all the best in the new year jimbeam, why dont you join back in here and we can all struggle together.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Jim,
        I am also hoping to keep this year as a totally clean sheet. Hope to join you and tawny in your quest. Lets not call it 'sober' - alcohol-FREE sounds better to me.
        A very Happy New Year to all who are embarking on making 2010 truly a year to be free.
        K X
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Hi Jim,

I wish you well. You are on the right track. Your right, it is not fun anymore.
          Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Hi Jim,

Make this year's resolutions count!!
            You can do it!

Wishing you the best!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09