• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT YEAR THREAD Jan 1st 2010

Nighters G'chikki & Brigidos.. sweet garlic dreams

Comment

One last thing no more greek from me promise....back to the shagg on a rock...... will give fishing updates and weather reports thats all !!!!!
      sqawk

Comment

Awww... i quite like that tune Bin watching too much Vasili's Garden!
        Nighters all

Comment

G'chikki.:H:H:H
          Night John-Boy.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

fickle;785596 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cRtXKL2iUs&feature=player_embedded#[/video]]YouTube - ???*???? ??????????? STELIOS KAZANTSIDIS - ?*?????? ?'?????? ??
            Five houses I have built. I am unhoused from all.
            Refugee since the cradle. God, I will go mad.

My motherland I seek you. Like a man accursed.
            A Greek in Foreign Land. A Foreigner in Greece.

I placed my houses twixt the torrent and the bank.
            Wells built of marble. Water flowing like my tears.

Now here I thirst to drink. And water I have none.
            I am ashamed to reach and moisten my poor lips.

My motherland I seek you. Like a man accursed.
            A Greek in Foreign Land. A Foreigner in Greece.
            Gorgeous ficks beautiful

Comment

Oh and here is a bouncy morning tune for all yous gals on the GO!! Refrain is "You've Changed for the Better" lalala
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctitaakTcBU[/video]]YouTube - Lauren Flax ft. Sia - You've Changed

Comment

Nighters all.

Comment

I wished WA had day light saving then you would all still be up at this time, its only 7.50 here now, oh eell never mind.
                  I will tell you all about my day in the morning but I have had a really good day and now I am coming to the end of Day 4....roll on day 5 Whoppee
                  Sweet dreams
                  :dancin: enguin:
                  starting over

Comment

GoodMorning all,
                    Wow, I have to get a laptop to take to bed with me so I can keep up with you all.....except... I can't get wireless here. Drat.
                    Phone calls to-day to bathroom people to install basin and taps and see if they can take a piece of the wall out to push the toilet cistern into the cavity and give me a tiny bit more space in a miniscule bathroom. Ahhhh the joys of renovation.

Comment

Morning Rag's, and all to come!
                      Good luck with your bathroom reno's Rag's!
                      Ah Fickos, beeewdiful music last night, i'm sure. The search for home!

Have a maaarvellous day everyone. Your favourite....Chikky, chikky G! x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Time to bite the bullet. The old cypress trees are on their way out and have become a fire hazard. Have just requested a quote for 40m colourbond fence. Will I faint?

It's good to see nobody's posting. Must mean you're all up and at 'em and working your butts off.

Catch you at knock-off time.

Comment

Yep, you probably will faint. What colour are you getting? Colourbond is made just down the road (sort of) from where Mr. Rags and I now reside.
                          I'm out of here too, to try my hand at handicraft.

Comment

40 m of Colourbond!!

i think you're gonna need resusitating once you receive THAT quote!! ah well...as my mate always says, "it's only money and you can't take it with you...".

Do I need to be able to speak Greek to post here ???
                            Jane :heart:

Comment

Hmmm ... you might be right there, Jane. The bloke wouldn't give me a quote over the phone. Wants to come out and "assess the job". Oh well. I haven't got kids, so I'm not stuffing up their inheritance.

AND ... if you've at least on one occasion eaten at Jim's Greek Tavern in Collingwood, you are totally entitled to post here. Or - if you've personally met a Greek. Somewhere in Melbourne. That counts.

My best baclava wishes to youse all.

Comment

Just copied this news item... strange how India is deathly silent about the Indian woman who was murdered here last week by her Indian husband.

Get Garg's killer, India tells Australia
                                Tuesday, 5 January 2010
                                Page 1
                                India has called on Australia to fast-track its hunt for the killer of an Indian student in Melbourne as ties between the two countries continue to be strained.
                                Last Saturday's stabbing murder of Nitin Garg, 21, killed on his way to work at a Hungry Jack's fast food restaurant, has sparked renewed debate about the safety of Indians in Australia.
                                Mr Garg's uncle, Raj Kumar, said the Australian government had failed to safeguard his nephew, and urged further action to prevent future attacks.
                                "Every time we were assured by your ministry, Australian, they were protecting Indians, but they have failed in protecting Indians," Mr Kumar said.

I ate a a greek restaurant in Melbourne in 1984 does that count?

Comment

Working...
                                X