THE NEXT YEAR THREAD Jan 1st 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rags - I'm sorta going to keep out of this one because it's likely to turn political and that isn't good. Your first comment: I guess this is classed as a 'domestic' and would be of no interest to India's media and/or government. Your excerpt re Garg - there have been quite a few ugly attacks on Indian students/taxi drivers of late so I can understand India's reaction. We'd do the same if the situation was reversed.

So let me just say - eating in a Greek restaurant in 1984 qualifies you, unreservedly, to be an honorary Greek of the highest order.

Comment

I have been to Athens, Naxos and Corfu.
      And I think the greeks have the BEST pizza.
      Does this count?
      Good morning Underoos
      -Sheep

PS- I cannot comment on any Indian story as I have no information nor have I been there or eaten any Indian food recently- although I like it very much.

Comment

I've been to Greece and eaten Greek.
        I have been to India and eaten Indian.
        Never been to Melbourne or even Victoria.
        Does this make me unAustralian enough to be Greek ?
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bridget, been to Greece, but haven't been to Melbourne?...Hmmmm, i dunno. That's a tough one.

How are you friend?

Inspector Rex, double, 45 sec. SBS.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Isn't it funny how you get these little happy clappy moments when you're a sober girlie ? (or blokey)
            I just realised I've watched entire shows, and indeed series, recently.....and remembered the lot....first time in forever........
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I've been to Greece and eaten Greek.
              I have been to India and eaten Indian.
              I've been to Afghanistan and shared a meal with a shepherd.
              I've been to Turkey and had a wonderful pizza.
              I've been to Austria and paid far too much for Sachertorte.
              I've been to Iran.
              I've been to England and ate a Wimpy. And survived.
              I've been to Wales and fell in love.
              I've been to Belgium and kept going.
              I've been to Pakistan and had a grand High Tea at a posh hotel.
              I've been to Germany and sort of survived an Oktoberfest.
              I've been to Hong Kong and had a fantastic Indian meal.
              I've been to Paris and ate sea urchin. Pass.
              I've been to Nepal - will pass on the yak fat chai but love the smiley people
              I've been to the US and eaten grits.
              I've been to Bangkok and learned to love curry for breakfast
              I've been to Croatia when it had a different name.

but I've still not been to Darwin.

Shame on me. *** add crying smiley gizmo thing here ***

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UAh7ogwAYQ[/video]]YouTube - I've Been Everywhere (Australian version) - Lucky Starr

Comment

Sorry if I sound like a wanker.
                  Just had a nice little trip down memory lane. Lots of warm fuzzies.
                  I'm sure there's people with greater travel experiences.

Guess I haven't humped my Bluey enough yet, eh Reggie? ***smiley gizmo ***

Comment

Yep Bridge, those little happy clappy moment's are nice, aren't they. I appreciate lot's of the 'little' things these day's. Such a pleasure. Soooo much beauty around. There are NO negatives in being sober. It's just totally all great.

Hornos, you Greek, Malaka.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Darwin is a great town. Been too long since i was there. You must go Goldie.

Comment

tawnyfrog;786161 wrote: Sorry if I sound like a wanker.
                        Just had a nice little trip down memory lane. Lots of warm fuzzies.
                        I'm sure there's people with greater travel experiences.

Guess I haven't humped my Bluey enough yet, eh Reggie? ***smiley gizmo ***
                        You dont sound like a wanker TF :h:l ( just to keep you on your toes NO sentimental stuff:H) thats amazing wish i could have a list like that ....Just envious TF ( that so cool you have seen all that ) me myself and eye never been on a overseas flight the attendant could not find a durable shit grip capable of long term flights ( reminds me must get on the new inventers the durable shit grip idea Ive got ) any way fishing report as promised

ONTO THE REPORTS:
                        WESTERN PORT:
                        OFFSHORE CAPE WOOLAMAI:
                        Customer Rick and Phil headed offshore last weekend of search of a mako before the banning kicks in. The boys began their berley trail in 64 meters of water before hooking and landing a 70kg mako shark. It was Phil?s 1st.

SILVER LEAVES:
                        John Christiansen and his wife Robyn fished off Silver Leaves last Tuesday with good success. Usinf whole pilchards for bait, they managed a nice Snapper before moving to Tortoise Head to catch a few nice whiting.

MIDDLE SPIT:
                        Customer Tony fished the Middle Spit last weekend with good success. Using pipis for bait, tony managed a few nice whiting.

GENTLE ANNIE:
                        We have had numerous reports of whiting in this area. One angler by the name of Phil had good success last weekend. Phil managed a nice bag of fish 40cm.

CAT BAY:
                        Staff member Jarrod fished with mates Richard and Gawaine Blake from Think Big Charters. The boys fished in 6 meters of water in Cat Bay managing a magnificent bag of whiting ranging 40-48cm. All fish were taken on Pipi baits during the last of the run out and first two hours of the run in tide.

PORT PHILLIP BAY:
                        SORRENTO:
                        Gawaine Blake, Brendan Wing, Richard and headed out on Monday night. The boys fished the South Channel to manage a magnificent Gummy Shark of 28-20kg?s and a very big wobbegong. Both fish took yakka heads and were released.

RYE:
                        Good customer Benny Boy fished off Rye this week with great success. Benny has been fishing the run out tide in 2 meters of water and has managed good bags of whiting. On the day of the attached photo, Benny managed whiting ranging 34-42cm, all fish took pipi baits.

MORNINGTON:
                        Darren from Cranbourne emailed in his report after fishing in 21mtrs north of Mornington. He managed to catch and release numerous Snapper and also managed a nice 3ft Gummy Shark.

FRANKSTON:
                        There are still some magnificent Snapper in this area for those wanting success. Simon Rinaldi from Red Hot Fishing Charters has been having some great sessions in this area. On one trip his clients managed to catch and release over 50 Snapper. Silver whiting and scad proved to be the most productive baits used.
                        Barry has also found similar success while fishing in 17-20m of water. Last weekend, Barry managed 3 Snapper ranging 3-4kg?s. He found silver whiting and trevally fillets worked well.

FRESHWATER:
                        BLUE ROCK DAM:
                        Customer Harry trolled some Tassie devil lures around Blue Rock last weekend. Working the treeline, Harry managed 3 nice trout to 800g.

CLOSE TO HOME:
                        INVERLOCH:
                        ?BIG PHIL? called the shop to report that there are plenty of mako sharks offshore from Inverloch at the moment. Some of Phil?s friends have been hooking mako?s up to 30kg?s this week.

PORT WELSHPOOL:
                        Gary headed down to Port Welshpool last weekend to try his luck. Fishing near Buoy 4 Gary managed a lovely Snapper of 20.6lb. The hungry fish took a squid bait.

Good luck and fish hard,
                        Jarrod, Bob, Paul, Jet, Cristy, Scott, Adam, Mitch, Hans, John, Aaron, Neil, Gary, Peter, Mark, Dave, Chris, Ray and Rentlo.
                        GO HARD AND FISH HARD:H

Comment

OK Reggie. I've just sspewed Coke all over the monitor.

You're a man true to your word. thank you.

Ermmmm .... calamari? Any calamari update?

Comment

Customer G-Force, and a couple of blokes demonstrated yet again, their total non understanding of, and reading of the current's, and weather report's. The boy's reported another quiet day, with no fish seen.

Comment

Nup no squid usally off Sorento nothing to report

Comment

Guitarista;786169 wrote: Customer G-Force, and a couple of blokes demonstrated yet again, their total non understanding of, and reading of the current's, and weather report's. The boy's reported another quiet day, with no fish seen.
                                :H:H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X