THE NEXT YEAR THREAD Jan 1st 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

byebyebridgetjones;791191 wrote: Right ..... gotta go out and I'm scared. Not because of grog. There's going to be boys there, and hence boy's germs.
    Just panicked andent scarping through the local boutiques looking for summat to wear (apart from steel caps). Ran round for 2 hours like a ferret with ADD, cursing like a wharfie under my breath, and came away with this purple confection that looks like a hat full of arseholes.
    God I hate this shit.
    Shall I shave my legs, or just plait 'em for the night ?
    Might still wear the steel caps underneath. Never know when a girl might find herself in a late night footy match and need a hidden advantage.
    Gotta go.Groan.
    :H:H:H:H
    You are so cool every guy has gotta be impressed good luck you will be fine

Comment

Oh, and we went to the Zig Zag railway today for a ride on Thomas the Tank Engine (AKA Thomas the Skank Pigeon) Outrageous fun was had by all. One for the memory card, to be sure.
      Over & out.

Comment

Bridge - you home yet?

Comment

Thomas the Skank Pidgeon :H:H:H
          Home again, and thanks to some carefully placed OH&S approved masks, I've made it out without boy germs.
          I hate to admit this, but they were very funny, bright boys.....and I ....erm....may or may NOT have had a good time.
          What have I missed ?
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I know Zen.... the old brown cow just ain't what she used to be......
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

This is dedicated to the adventures of our very own Bridget Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWOa8loCDI[/video]]YouTube - Deana Carter - Did I Shave My Legs For This?
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Morning all,

Well done Bridge.. & Hey Rubes & Zenners!

I can’t believe what a good little fickle I’ve been! Went to a BBQ last night with friends and the wine was flowing and the champers was popping.. I must’ve been offered wine at least 10 times through the night but I clung to my diet fizz (the hostess had given me a pink kiddies glass to drink it from). I’ll admit each time I was offered I thought ‘maybe just a little one’ and then had to override that with the thought/sense memory of how it feels to want more & more and think ‘it’s not worth it’ and think about ruining my achievement of 5 days or whatever it is.

I said I was on a diet and people commented a number of times ‘you are being so GOOD’ which we all know is a calculated manoeuvre to make you feel like a dork and that you SHOULD join them. I realise other drinkers know they are getting silly and are nervous that you won’t be silly with them but rather be sanely observing them... But let’s face it, I am quite capable of being as silly as anyone any time, drunk or not.

Success! And now I’ve a plan in future that I will drink my white wine coloured diet fizz in a champagne glass next time so that people will just assume I am drinking.. It will put them at their ease and they will not keep offering so that I don’t have to put myself through that all night.

Have a great day everyone... off to finish ze fence

Comment

rubywillow;791359 wrote: This is dedicated to the adventures of our very own Bridget Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWOa8loCDI[/video]]YouTube - Deana Carter - Did I Shave My Legs For This?
                  Oh MY GOD Ruby....I am pissing myself laughing here....
                  How did you get the footage of my 'house' ?:H
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Noice work Ficks......very Noice work....
                    Yes punters just can't wait to rope you into their little drinking 'games' can they.
                    And then they stop ..... and 'we' keep going....and then they can have fun talking about the village idiot the next day. I reckon it's all about control. I had a friend once who would stop at nothing to recruit me into a drinking session....and then judge me for it
                    A real friend should genuinely have your back.
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Ficks and Bridge,

I'm bloody freezing. Weird, weird weather. It's just started to rain.

I also went to a barbie yesterday arvo. Four adults and one bottle of wine. Seemed almost un-Australian.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;791618 wrote: Oh MY GOD Ruby....I am pissing myself laughing here....
                        How did you get the footage of my 'house' ?:H
                        Bridge, me knows ya so well!
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Whats a "Epilady" sounds kinda sexy? Can blokes bye em for the love and kisses? will I be in the good books if i get one?
                          Just arsekin
                          Reg

Comment

Oh dear Reggie......I think the purchase of an Epilady for your one and only may be fraught with peril.....it ....erm....may be interpreted as an observation on her personal grooming......which may leave you 'grooming' yourself in the spare room for a bit.
                            No mate it's too risky...leave it the feck alone.....I beg of you.....
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

epilady? ...for men..

well Reggie, I think you are risking life and limb arsekin about epiladys. I suggest you give them a a very wide plucking berth!

I slipped ( again) last night with 2 wines after the George Clooney film. He's divine, but i don't know why it's getting an Oscar nod. I guess it's engaging and quirky. I cracked the shits yesterday and made my husband take me out on a date. I've been feeling really put upon lately by my family....take, take, take! so, I had a hissy fit and insisted on a night out, and with that came the wine. I haven't confided in him that I'm trying to go AF, so that's probably half the problem.

Now my daughter has half her Uni round for a BBQ to farewell her as she prepares to move to Hamilton next week, the champagne is flowing and I'm trying to resist. Sipping on my peppermint tea and whipping up a storm on ebay ( love it). Might be saving money on my alcohol bill, but certainly finding lots of other ways to fritter it away!!

Re- Susan Boyle. i like her album, but I suspect she's not the full quid. They need to look after her and keep her out of the lime light. Just let her sing.

Haiti is a nightmare, am laying my faith in Barack to do something to help. Mother Nature is fierce, but it's nonsense and harmful for the media to report on "curses".

How can we save The Tote??

Thanks for listening to my rambles. I'm struggling a tad.
                              Jane :heart:

Comment

Thanks for the advice Bridge and Jane ( hang in Jane struggles be gone ZAPPPPP) Ill stick to the vacuming that seems to please her.
                                ReG

Comment

Working...
                                X