Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT YEAR THREAD Jan 1st 2010

Morning all
    I think I will be getting all your heat on Saturday, which wont be good as we have got tee-ball carnivals that day. I hope the weather cools down for all of you's soon.
    Tawney I thought you would have one of those hats with the corks all around it........
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Comment

:HWhat are you guys talking about...I've just woken up to a beautiful sunny day and the ice has melted of the sidewalks so I'll go for a long, invigorating walk without risking breaking my neck
      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

ronnie;789104 wrote:

Tawney I thought you would have one of those hats with the corks all around it........
        Geez Ronnie - I might be a moron but I'm not a dork!

Hi Jessie! Nice of you to visit.

Comment

jessie;789106 wrote: :HWhat are you guys talking about...I've just woken up to a beautiful sunny day and the ice has melted of the sidewalks so I'll go for a long, invigorating walk without risking breaking my neck
          Icy side walks??? In SA??? At this time of year??????

Comment

Grinder - I was confused too. I mean, there's Tips on pool duty ...

Comment

*** running around waving my arm pits in the air ***

It's dropped to 27C, reasonable breeze and light rain. Ya-hooooo! Hang in there peeps - relief is on it's way.

Comment

It's official.
                Hottest night in Melboune for 100 years.
                Madam Frog....you are excused for your grumpage.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Thanks Bridge, but let me tell you of the irony.

Also not having a riveting book to read, in my sleep-deprived grumpage I went on-line and visited my old friend Ebay. And bugger-me-dead what should I buy?

A fecking Ethanol FirePlace Heater for the "Guest Quarters".

A heater?

I spent some $350 on the hottest night in Melb for 100 years on a heater.

I HATE guests.

Extreme heat, like extreme drinking - fries your brain.

Comment

Evening all,
                    Cool change here! Yay! Very nice, and a bit of a breeze running through the house. Sadly, we would have had a death or two from this heat. It just happens, to those a little more frail than some of us.
                    A lot of older folk, on a pension say, don't have aircon, cause they're worried about the bill's. This is a really shocking state of affair's.

In other news, completed some training for work last 2 day's. Twas interesting, fun, chick's, and lifelong skill's learnt.

Man vs. Wild? Spoilt, purse carrying nancy boy, stuff's up nature. Can't even rip into a fish properly. His useless Pommy teeth weak from mummy's shepherd's pie's. Hopeless. Just, hopeless.

Hang in there folk's, and have a magical evening!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Man v's Wild

He didn't need those weak pommy teeth to suck up the worms!!!...or bite the heads off the maggots the week before....or drink elephant poo juice....shall I go on?!:H it's official, the "Bear" is mad!!

Can't believe you bought a heater on a 37 degree night. Bear isn't the only one who's mad !! I'm as addicted to ebay as I am to Sav Blanc. I have to check in daily and inevitably I buy something. Now that makes my husband MAD!!

have a good night everybody, I'm off to eat more Kit Kat.....
                      Jane :heart:

Comment

tawnyfrog;789147 wrote:
                        Extreme heat, like extreme drinking - fries your brain.
                        Well....as does extreme visitation....why do you want to make your visitors COMFORTABLE?.......They'll STAY.......you got jungle fever girl ?
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening all,

Grumpage slowly subsiding as ruggrats gobble icecream and are soon to slide down corridoor towards bed. My hearts go out to all of you without cooling of any kind. I've no eggy but do have an evaporative. Crap day at work however as I work underground and the aircon was on the blink.. many fans (& critics) were brought in out but jeeeeeez it was so hot everyone's makeup kept sliding off.

Another AF day done & dusted.. so I am pleased but still peevish and waiting for the 'feeling good' part to kick in. Also, am running out of aminos. Does anyone know of a good Aussie online supplier as I can't order the MWO one any more... postage has gone up to $40 which is nuts for a $26 supplement.

Thank you everyone for all the encouragement! What day are you on again Bridge? I am day 2 AF on the Hypoglycemic diet but thinking I'll go Atkins on day 4 or 5. Are you eating every 2 hours and are you taking supps???

Got a nice surprise today as a bunch of young fellas asked me out to lunch Friday Tis a boozy lunch so I'll be "on a diet" of course. I'm wondering what they're after.. mebbe want some information??? Shall keep ya posted.

Meantime, something definitely in the air as discussed above with wierd dreams Angel.. Wierdest thing happened after I started this job.. was walking down the corridoor and bumped SMACK into a guy I dated nearly 20 years ago. Now I'm talking 'went out with' for about 3 years and they were VERY wild years. Sitting accross from him in a corporate setting is somewhat AWKWARD to say the least. I had very colourful dreams all last night about that!! He's been nothing but gentlemanly but I'm still nervous about it.

BTW just finished a book by Niall Williams "The Fall of Light" which I thought a very good read. Was given it by a friend & had trouble getting into it at first but in the end was well worth while. Very thought provoking story.

Comment

fickle;789211 wrote:
                            Does anyone know of a good Aussie online supplier as I can't order the MWO one any more... postage has gone up to $40 which is nuts for a $26 supplement.
                            Hmmm, it's an embuggerance...do you mean the All One?? I just bought some also but the postage is as much as the product. I've looked but can't find it in Aus...no-one's heard of it. But was thinking we could go in a syndicate...order a couple & split the courier cost?? Are you near Sinny, Ficks??
                            I wish I had a kit kat...I'm PMessy & that, combined with the heat has made it a less than perfect day. However, I'm not pissed & I have no desire to do so so it's a better day than the best drunk day I ever had.

Lata.
                            xo

Comment

Fick's, re Amino's, if you're talking L-glut, i have got some in the past from a local bodybuilding/nutrition store. Look's like it's pretty freely available. This stuff is called 'Glutamine 320' made by Gen-tec. Mainly amino's. GEN-TEC Nutrition to check out if it's got what you need. Bear in mind i know bugger all about supp's and al, or if this stuff is right for you. I just know it's an amino vibe man, and prob in most body building nutrition shop's. You will no doubt have these young blokes eating out of your hand. All the best with your search, and congrat's on your af time!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks G'ster I'm mostly into the Amino Complete which has aminos in it that you can't get here in Aus. Am surfing & doing comparison tables at the mo and will let you know when I find THE one! Still have plenty of Lglut.

First time I ordered All-one Angel I got a whole box direct from Nutritech (about a year's supply) and man did I get sick of it :H But I've just ordered some from a website Starty uses, postage a bit cheaper than MWO. It has a lot of aminos in it.. need to put it into my comparison.

Angel, I am close enough to Sinny to get a box-full and post it out to ya's for sure! Was always going to start my own shop eh! :H Will think about how we can start a wee cooperative amongst ourselves. Does anyone have an ABN that could get wholesale prices?? Mmmmm will think on it. I have belonged to co-op's in the past, which were incorporated non-profit thingos. Don't really want to go to such lengths but we should definitely get together on ordering in bulk.

I know there's heaps of bodybuilding formulas out there but they seem to miss a few - l-tryptophan to name one. Also, I tried some mushashi product once and it was so full of hyper stuff (sort of thing they put in energy drinks) I was hyperventilating & bouncing off walls.. which did my blood sugar NO good at all. Tis the wobbles I'm trying to cure!

Anyways, I'm off to watch bit of wierd monster movie with eldest chickee then off to bed.

Hope your head is feeling better Bridge!! :l
                                Go well everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X