Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT YEAR THREAD Jan 1st 2010

byebyebridgetjones;794592 wrote:
    Well, I just packed my visitors off. This is typically a really hard time for me, when the house falls silent.
    Ah, yes. Know about that one. When you've had a good visit and laughed like a drain, shared good thoughts and thoroughly enjoyed the company of others, you think "why can't it always be like this?"

Because it can't. If it were always like this, it wouldn't be special. Find a way to enjoy the "silence". Prolly a lame and trite thing to say but there is a really nice after-glow when you change a few nouns around in your head. Make "loneliness" become "serenity"; make "silence" become "tranquility" and it's not so bad at all.

I very much believe that until we're completely content and comfortable with ourselves we've got Buckley's chance of being happy with someone else.

Now - I must be off and find a way to disable Mr.G's newfound capacity to post bloody smiley huggy kissy thingys.

Comment

Guitarista;794569 wrote: Come on, what are ya?!..........;-0)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxwg5UQWTHs&feature=PlayList&p=9E19140082D 51AA0&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5[/video]]YouTube - Whatareya (sorry if I've posted this before) :H

Comment

Just one thing: you guys are an inspiration
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

[QUOTE=tawnyfrog;794654]
          I very much believe that until we're completely content and comfortable with ourselves we've got Buckley's chance of being happy with someone else.

/QUOTE]

You've nailed it again Froglet.
          That is, I believe, one of life's basic truths. It was told to me by an aunt at 13 years old. I haven't always observed it, but I have always believed it.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hey Tips wish you would hang around more good to see ya and your the inspiration.
            My Day ( count how many F's I use winner gets a fish)
            Woke up with the funks frau reg said what the fusking fusk is up with you ( shes a west surban gal she uses fusk alot) i said nothing just in a funk and dont know what the fusk to do. She said "Im not having that ...go and catch us some fuskin fish for dinner..I said Fusk me really???...she said fuskin hey just dont come back fusking empty handed. So off i went checked in with the local fishing experts and in between i think 20 Fusks i got the message that Gellibrand fusking point is fusking biting.. So I bob around for a few hours and caught nothing. Up fusking anchor and went back to mooring..On the way home thought great fusking idea reg bought some flat head tales from Conways fish emporium of footscray..Just cooked them with farmer market thorpe dale fusking potatoes SWEET ( as aspy would say)
            So thats my fusking bloody lot
            Feg

Comment

Well, i've just spent my evening counting Reg's F's. 28. Now, where's me fish?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[quote]byebyebridgetjones;794735 wrote:
                Originally posted by tawnyfrog View Post

/QUOTE]

You've nailed it again Froglet.
                That is, I believe, one of life's basic truths. It was told to me by an aunt at 13 years old. I haven't always observed it, but I have always believed it.
                Love spying on you guys. What a hoot you are!! Rough week here, but its ending on a more postivie note, thant GOD!
                Tawny, Bridge, I can't tell you the times I've tried to explain that very truism to young adults 'in love' (definition: completely insane). But the impatience of youth, or the longing for a soul mate in the more mature, takes over the brain and ignores the reasoning part. Most people don't believe a fire's hot until they burn themselves in the flame.
                Love to you all, ya loonies!:l
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good on you Ruby! Geez, those sand flies are persistent bugga's aren't they?
                  Take care of yourself, and have a nice long bath. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Have a beautiful day everyone. Feel your senses, feel your life force. Yep, it's in there somewhere! :H :h :new:

Comment

Morning all - on reading back, all I want to eat today are bloody flat head tails. Thanks Reggie. Where am I going to get some of those in this land-locked part of the country?

So which of youse mob are going to chuck a sickie tomorrow? It's the Astrayan thing to do.

Comment

Good morning.. house cleaning all day B4 visitors come.. thanks for the encouragement & inspiration all and nice to see you Mr Tips. I will be in the lounge.. that is all.

Comment

Morning all
                          What a wonderful morning it is too.
                          Tawney & mr G Yes, Yes, Yes....on Tuesday I become Australian.....whoppee
                          :dancin: enguin:
                          starting over

Comment

Morning everyone. One of these days I'll log in and someone will be around to talk with. I guess you are all out enjoying life. Have a good day.
                            Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

Comment

Ronnie, congratulations on Day 23. Only a week to go to 30.
                              Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

Comment

Hi Everyone

Just found this thread where all the Aussies are (and some of our other bros & sisters from around the world). Yay!!! Hope you don't mind a Qld'er joining in sometimes. Ronnie, Congrats for Tuesday. Good on ya mate. We need all the sober Aussies we can get!

Just starting week 4 af today. Feeling pretty good about that and quietly confident with a resolve of steel!!! Have found MWO invaluable. Thanks all
                                Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Working...
                                X