Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread New Year's Day 2010

Zenstyle;783061 wrote: Nighters Hen....

Sounds like he's "onto" that ploy JC. Darn....
    Swap the price tags.

Now it's my time to hit the hay.

Nighter all, see you soon.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy New Year Army!!
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

And to you, Ms. B

Morning again, all.

Ah..... what a lovely feeling of calm, no nursing a hangover, feeling nauseous or shaky or checking to see if your stash is going to last until the offie opens again tomorrow. Priceless!
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;783112 wrote: Tigger... how long do you sleep for? I thought I was the resident insomniac.

I'm getting really fed up with the fireworks. The cats are even more fed up. :-( In the words of the prophet... "bollocks". Me feckin windows are shaking with some of those. NOT amused any longer....
          Ah, Zenny: the sleep fairy and I weren't on speaking terms last night / this morning. I must be getting old(er) - break your normal patterns even a little bit, and your rhythms are bound to be thrown out of kilter.

I hate fecking fireworks. Luckily the situation over here is getting better. They confiscated millions of Rands worth of illegal fireworks this year, and enforcement of municipal bylaws are getting better.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tips..
            Your eyelids will be hanging later on...a nana nap will be needed!!

Your farm is looking smashing by the way!

Comment

horizonsnew;783119 wrote: Tips..
              Your eyelids will be hanging later on...a nana nap will be needed!!

Your farm is looking smashing by the way!
              Luckily I'm on leave until the 14the of Jan So they can droop away, and I can nap to heart's content. We plan on doing quite a bit with the cubs, because they're going back to school fairly early this year.

High on the agenda is a visit to Robben Island. None of us have ever been there.

Thanks for the FV compliment, but I'm afraid my farm is very traditional (and rural-looking) compared to you design pros. It feels a bit like being back on my grandfathers' farm in a province called the Free State. Heused to grow maize, raise sheep, beef & keep diary, chickens etc. I can still remember being chased by an aggressive rooster
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;783125 wrote: I can still remember being chased by an aggressive rooster
                Oops, I've realised what I said just now... Some folks around here would LOVE to be chased by a big cock... :H:H:H
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;783128 wrote: OK!!!! Finally! I laughed tonight! :H
                  My job here is done

I think I'm going to see if a nap will come to me...

Laters, all.
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;783125 wrote: Luckily I'm on leave until the 14the of Jan So they can droop away, and I can nap to heart's content. We plan on doing quite a bit with the cubs, because they're going back to school fairly early this year.

High on the agenda is a visit to Robben Island. None of us have ever been there.

Thanks for the FV compliment, but I'm afraid my farm is very traditional (and rural-looking) compared to you design pros. It feels a bit like being back on my grandfathers' farm in a province called the Free State. Heused to grow maize, raise sheep, beef & keep diary, chickens etc. I can still remember being chased by an aggressive rooster
                    I would LOVE to see Robben Island..I'm half way thru' reading Nelson's book at the moment..it has brought me to tears on several occasions.

I wanted you to have a look at an old picture of our home in S.A...it's on my FB picture's in the *Oldies but goodie's* album..see what you think!!

Comment

horizonsnew;783131 wrote: I would LOVE to see Robben Island..I'm half way thru' reading Nelson's book at the moment..it has brought me to tears on several occasions.

I wanted you to have a look at an old picture of our home in S.A...it's on my FB picture's in the *Oldies but goodie's* album..see what you think!!
                      I'll definitely go and have a look after my 1st nanna nap of 2010
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;783134 wrote: I just took a look Hen. Want me to post it here? And who is that in the front yard?
                        Me Ma!!!

Comment

horizonsnew;783135 wrote: Me Ma!!!
                          Yes post it Chuck

Comment

Thanks Chuck..I appreeeech.

Mum was standing in the back yard BTW..Blue jean bell bottoms and jelly babies afoot!!!

My best buddy Miriam( our daily helper, not slave) used to live in the smaller building next to the house.Her husband was a police officer in Soweto and their son Solomon used to spend hours swimming in our pool with my little brother Simon...We caught major flack (hassle) from our neighbours for letting him swim in our pool but Mom was having none of it..she stuck her two fingers up to all of them!!

Happy day's xx

Comment

Zenstyle;783139 wrote: Hen... what the flying f*ck was the name of the internet provider we all had? It began with a "C". It's boggling my brain.

That was a lovely house yous had there, by the way. And your Ma reminds me of Audry Hepburn in some of the movies I've seen. I'll bet she was of that ilk back then...
                              Was it Charter??

Mom certainly lived the high life...she had quite a few *claims to fame* over the years..I shall say no more....New Years resolutions have just kicked in.....LOL

Comment

Zenstyle;783142 wrote: Ha ha! Good going on the inter racial standing. Sorry bout the back/front yard thing.... I'm not familiar with the layout over there.

WTF are jelly babies?

And did you see what just happened over at F/V?! You will be SO pissed off if you don't have a ball. Crap... just remembered... you DO have a ball. Bugger.
                                Jelly Babies were plastic shoes a bit like our flip flops but more of a shoe..I think I wore them to school in leather form as well (my mind is not as fresh) Maybe they were called baby dolls?? Help me out Tips or Grim??

I plead the fifth on the ball drop....I don't want to get banned from MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X