Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 2010 thread, get your asses in gear!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

Well done blinder you sound great keep it up ! im on day 2 !

Well readin through the post looks like theres bad weather everywhere... in the uk it been freezing !!! where i am we will be getting snow 2morrow thanks to siberian thats where it coming from.! IT funny if it Too Hot in the uk the road melts and there a shortage of water so there is a water hosepipe ban.....if theres Too much rain there are floods everywhere, and SNOW they are never ready for that one they run out of salt and grit and plus it a standstill everywhere..... wow i love the UK

Feeling a bit crap but ! but my ass is in 1st gear just going very slowly.....

L:hve 2u all .x
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Cowgal, Blinder, Catch, T-baby, good to see you all! Records are being broken with the Siberian Express blasting all the way down to T-s toes in Florida! It's an amazing thing to me watching man try to manipulate nature, figure it out, and still be completely unprepared when it comes upon us. As for me, I keep my 4x4 old truck, wood pile, candles and oil lamps at the ready! Plus piles of quilts. Bet you'd like to be infront of my fireplace now, huh, T!? Just read this, wondered if AL was involved: Vermont State Police cited a man after stopping him pulling a sled — with a rider in it — behind his car on Interstate 89 on Sunday. He was cited for driving with a suspended license.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

oh oh i have everything i need here to stay warm body heat from sue lol and blankets ,long johns .. but what the hell is this im in fl didnt think i would have to start wearing them here..
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

great!

It is great to see all this success here!! Blinder, good job, 5 days is almost past all the bad stuff, hopefully for u!! :goodjob:Catch, hang in there, it WILL get better sweetie, I been there done that.........:l

It is so FRIGGIN cold here, I cannot stand it, think it will be a stay at home w/ space heater day...............wish I had a warm body like u T!! lol..............:H

Rubes, looking forward soooooo much to seeing u in Feb.........renting a car today, probably just a little economy car to save $$ on gas...........hope to have a driving partner, but whatever happens, acceptance is the key..........

I am wired and had a bunch of energy drinks, got to gym at 7:50 AM, trainer was supposed to be there at 8:45 so I just did cardio, waited and waited for him til 9AM then called, got a vmail, left a msg and went home...............that sucks, hope I don't pay for this.............he did call me and give me more tips on eating and stuff, since he is going to be working me hard, he wants to make sure I am getting enough nutrition...........that is cool...........

my back and butt are still sore from my hypotension episode, sucks. :upset:

love you guys, thanks for always being here for everyone, keep on keeping our asses in gear.................trying to figure out how many days I have AF since my letter from David, think that was last Tues? So it is day 14 af for me and will keep on going w/ inspiration from you all and others on this site....................thanks again....................:thanks:

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ok???

where is everyone!! MIA??

xxoxoxo MA:l:h

bump

Comment

A face from the past....

:hallo: There everyone.!

Looks like everyone is wrapping up warm MA im HERE !!!! BUT NOT ALL DAY

Got through day 2 was really hard being stress out at work.... it looks like all the people were stocking up in the supermaket just in case they got snow in.....customers lossing there temper with our self service machines and i felt like lossing my temper with them.(all on my own with 6 self service tills no wonder poeple walkout without paying not got eyes at the bad of my head)
              Anyway see this guy i used to know at my old job on shift work going back over 20years ago, i can remember some of the people at work saying his a Alcoholic and use to laugh at him saying all he needs is one drop of AL and that would be it...... Hmmm little did i know that i ended up being addicted to AL....( come to think of it i bet im not the only one from that work place).I Said hello to him and said what is he doing now he said his retired wow he looks really good for his age could tell by his face he doesn't drink no more must be over 20years sober.......
              my daughter at home because the school is closed because of the snow, still in bed sleeping mind you i got up and went back to bed once i know the school was closed...
              Was watching Big Brother the other night listening to Stephen Baldwin AA prayer got me thinking.......HERE GOES !!!

God grant me to surrender to expect the things,
              I cannot change,
              The courage to change the things i can,
              and the wisdom to know the differents.

what a beauitful thought.

see u all another day ! Take care All and keep lovely and WARM..:l
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Great post, Catch. Yes, the whole damn world is frozen, and I think they may be why our fearless leader has been slow lately; that Florida blood is more Kool Aide than plasma, and it FREEZES!!! I'm ready for a couple of warm days, but I see snow forecast for tomorrow. Oh well, I work with what God sends. It's always His call. Stay warm, sober, active today, my buds!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

freezing here too

love that Catch, the serenity prayer, gets me through alot of difficult times, there is so much I am powerless over and just need to accept................can't stand it at times, but need to practice acceptance............

Yep Ruby it is in the 30s here, cannot stand this much longer, have to take Zac for his drivers test in an hour.......................brrrrrr.........but he is excited, not going to p/u business cards/diner til later...............good that we postponed, maybe it will warm up??!!

yeah, right!!:H:H

MA:l

Comment

sorry girls but i have been hiding out sleeping in and getting up late not much going on here .. so im just taking it easy and slowing down .. alittle .. but work is there just have to push the one guy im working for right now .. cant do much withpout the go ahead .. you know .. but anyway always thinking of everyone here and hoping all are doing their best shifting along singing your song side by side .. heeheheheh love and peace my good friends
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

ok

We'll forgive u T, I am ready to nod off myself, I have to take Zac to school tomorrow AM and have a TON of things to do then work that graveyard shift................AARRUUUGHH! but it IS a job....................you guys all take care, love ya!!!:l:h

MA

Comment

just need some help cant get on chat dont know why?!?! pls help im ok but , but just wanted to chat lol..:upset:

Comment

really its ok im going!

Comment

cannot either and i need to

not doing well at all.....................drank alot today, will stop tomorrow for good, this divorce crap has me going nuts and nobody is answering their phones................

Comment

not enough

trying so hard to sleep, should have od'd by now with all the stuff I have taken, am very worried scared lonely and sorry to be such a bummer, but may not be back for a while...........lost all hope and support...MA

Comment

A New Day !

Oh well i messed up and fukd up but big deal so long as im here no more :upset: ......you know i felt rough the last two days now i feel even worst! just feels like i got a big bump on my head..lol did not see that bump on the road coming....please guys be patience with me ! i still got that fire in me thats keeping me going....
                                Ruby ...Thanks x why is sometimes i have a great post and i go and mess things up well at least i know it me only me that can change things...
                                MA ....:l sorry you had a bad time ...please dont loss hope ,,,hope is one thing that keeeps us going you know i got this little HOPE book in my bag, i always keep it with me....as long as matters seem hopeful, hope remains merely superficial. Its only when everything is hopeless, that hope truly proves it strength.
                                Mr T i know your always there ...

Right im of to bed.... keep well my friends.x

Comment

Working...
                                X