Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 2010 thread, get your asses in gear!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it must be the time of year for feeling down, i was so sure i would stop on the 1st of Jan but i havent managed 1 day af yet!! really disapointed in myself but keep saying when they all go back to school, when i run out of drink, basically any old exscuse to keep going, really p----sed off with myself and its so cold here we are snowd in, roll on spring, maybe ill stop then lol, love to you all, Tawnywitch
    Twitch

Comment

Hey Tawny!! I've missed you!! I want to hear more about the screening, etc, but esp how you are doing. You'll find your point, luv, soon, I hope. I have great hope b/c you keep coming back, and you know you need to make a change. Again, I'm SO glad to see you back.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

i am actually drinking less and when we on holiday before xmas i didnt drink for 4 day's so it is happening just very slowly, i feel a bit of a cheat coming here because i am still drinking and everyone else seems so centred and strong,no news on the film yet, but some lovely pics of the boys from a shoot, i will use them as my avater and show them off to everyone, my pride and joy, love to you all, Tawnywitch.
        Twitch

Comment

TW, you are not a cheat, you are honest. Stay with us, we need you as much as you need us, luv.
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

For MA - with love and admiration for what you are going thru........

Don't Quit

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will
            When the road you're trudging seems all uphill
            When the funds are low and the debts are high
            And you want to smile, but you have to sigh
            When care is pressing you down a bit
            Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns
            As every one of us sometimes learns
            And many a fellow turns about
            When he might have won, had he stuck it out.
            Don't give up though the pace seems slow
            You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
            It seems to a faint and faltering man;
            Often the struggler has given up
            When he might have captured the victor's cup;
            And he learned too late when the night came down
            How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out
            The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
            And you never can tell how close you are
            It may be near when it seems afar;
            So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
            It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

Author Unknown
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Hi

Here I am back at day 1....... Totally blew it last night! I feel like a total failure to, TW....... We can do this together!! I just let it all get to me and hit the F- it switch, BIG time. Thanks to T and another friend chatting on fb, my ASS is back in gear, big time, I am committed, turns out to be a really really bad night. The boys r upset at me now, David was already, now he has more reason to be. I am heading into an aa meeting now, picking up a white chip, may even bring up the topic, but am so shy to do that, we'll see.......

I hate this f'ing disease!!!!!!

Love you all, need u desparately!!

XO
              MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

we're all here for you, FB me if you want I can get to chat now, love and hugs Tawnywitch
                Twitch

Comment

ok everyone i know its cold and all and life might look like shit at times but no reason is ever goodenought to throw in the towel .. sure you drank so what get over it and lets move forward in life for every mess up thing that happen only make us think wtf and why so look at it and learn .. it all makes you grow.. you might not think it does but it does .. so what that been said love and BIG BIG HUGS TO ONE AND ALL
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

T.....Just needed to say after reading your post.......you are the best!!!!!

Comment

I hope our fearless leader knows knows what he means to so many. It's easy for me to say I love you Roger. I don't know how you keep your cool, stay the course, but with all the hurdles thrown at you, you do. Your constant presence (?) holds so many on the course. Don't let this become too much on your shoulders, but I can only imagine how much you can handle. You are the epitome of life-changing. Thank you. It's not said often enough.
                      If you are on day 1 or 100, the fear is the same: One drink. Try to follow T's example. Take time out and read his story. Again. Love, and peace, to you all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ruby
                        You just took my simple post and said it all so clearly. T you are truly loved at MWO!!!!!!

Comment

thank you ruby and time it means so much hearing that from you both .. well time for me to get going to sleep .. again BIG BIG HUGS TO ONE AND ALL
                          TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY LET GIVE IT OUR BEST
                          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Love u guys!!!

I just truly want u all to know how much I appreciate u all!!!! T, yes, as everyone says u are much loved here!!! Me especially, u r always here for us!!!

Grateful, we must have cross poased cuz I did not see that wonderous poem til now, brought many tears to my already teary eyes, tears of joy today!!!! I truly am SO grateful for you all here, I AM NOT giving up this fight!!!! Just had a piti party back there, drink talking, great to be af again!!!!

I love u all!!!!! Cannot wait to visit Rubes, am SOOO excited I cannot standin it!!!!

Thanks for the never ending love on this thread!!!!:thanks::thanks:

xoxoxo:l:h

MA
                            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

And Ruby's so excited she's dancing from foot to foot! It's gonna be a blast!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Shell shocked !

Hi All and i mean ALL,
                                It good to read through your post helps me out...
                                Spend all day in bed y/day what a waste of a day did go to work for 5hrs got home got a call from one of my closers friend from school she like a sister to me....... she been there for each other but she been there for me more !!! through all the bad times even last year when i could not get on to this site she was there to listen through my problems..... Anyway what im trying to say i was shocked when she said she had got a brain tumour she had this for quite a few years and she did not know about it till boxing day...... she will have her opp this month she sound sure of her self that all is going to be ok they will slice the tumour away... she's a very strong person she always said to me i should of been the oldest and not the youngest in my family that i always seem to come out the other end no matter what and keep things together.....Had a good cry this morning......I will not be drinking that for sure day2 for me today......
                                My faith is in GOD hands going to church on sunday and light a candle, not been for a very long time !
                                It funny when something like this happen we look for our faith...

IM so glad i have you guys and i mean it from the bottom of my heart ,,,,,L:hve 2u all.x
                                Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
                                X