Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January: Just Do It! ~ AF ~ Week 1

Happy New Year to all!

I am up very early, and willing to start our new thread on the General Discussion section. Our goals are to be AF in 2010, and we can do it. We have learned so much in 2009, shared our struggles, and are ready for success.

It is important that if we slip or relapse, that we can come to this thread and discuss it, knowing that we are our own worse judge, and that we will get support and not judgement.

Many of us have had significant time AF and know that the lifestyle is rewarding and is the only way to go. So we are going to continue on this journey with the support, love and encouragement we have given each other for several months.

Newcomers are welcome, just join in. Our attitude is the more the merrier.

Strength and hope to all and a fresh start in a new year.:h
    Redhibiscus

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...Emerson
    CONGRATULATIONS LHB ON 30 DAYS!!!! :yougo: :yougo: What a great way to start out the New Year!

It was so nice talking to everyone yesterday. I could picture us all sitting a a big table chattering away like a bunch of magpies.

Cyn, Red, Soots-I missed you all. Maybe next time.

MM-Did you ever figure out how to get in chat? I could only go in through the main chat page. Not the pop up window so I couldn't be on the thread the way the others could. But I figured that was better than nothing.

I have one more dinner party left. This time with all my brothers, and Mother. Then, finally the holidays will officially be over for me. Whew!

Wishing everyone a Happy New years and a great af 2010!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Lilmea,
      Another party - I am partied out. Yesterday I was coming down with another cold, so did not come online, I forgot and missed out. Darn.

LBH, wow, 30 days. What a great way to start 2010.

It is snowing here, and will be for the foreseeable future. Kind of cosy, so I am going to hunker down, reading, drinking AF liquids, and resting. Oh, and checking in on our thread. Have a good one.
      Redhibiscus

Comment

Good Morning Red, Lil and all to come. New Year's Eve Sober turned out to be a very good experience. At one point, just 10 minutes before midnight, to be exact, Mr. Dill and I started laughing over something silly and couldn't stop. I had to leave the room to compose myself! Now that is something that would not have happened if I had been drinking. As a matter of fact, I have had more instances of such intense natural laughter in this past month than I have had in eons. (Two, counting last evening) I knew I was missing something! I am sure that this occured because of being af. All the other af months I didn't experience this. Why? I think it is because the struggle was taking so much energy. The struggle is becoming less intense, thus allowing energy for laughter! Real laughter. Oh, how I missed it and didn't even know!

Red, I missed seeing you yesterday.Thanks for starting off the thread in 2010! I'm glad you are feeling better. Lav, you were a very gracious hostess yesterday, staying online through the night! Lil, thanks for the quote. It is so true! If sobriety lies within, then what lies behind and before us will flow from that! :crowned:LBH Congratulations on a full calendar month!

On to a happy, peaceful, productive New Year!:h
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning everyone. I didn't have a very successful December but that is behind me and now I want the year 2010 to be a clean and sober year for me.

Comment

I am back, I have not had a very good past 6 weeks at all - and my husband has now recognized the problem - which ultimatley is a good thing for me, but unitl I can go AF for 30 days adn show him I am serious about this then it is going to be rough. I drank too much last night as my "farewell 2009" and realize that was stupid, but I am serious - 2010 is going to be better and I am going to commit to AF for the next 30 days. I will be here a lot...

Comment

Wonderful hopeful posts for the New Year!!! It's so good to see you all. I had a Happy New Year's call at midnight from my family bro, sis, etc. , who were apparently celebrating quite a bit. Why do we talk louder when we drink??? I had to hold the phone out from my ear to listen. Anyway, it's the thought that counts, and wished everyone a Happy New Year.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi, Cucks! I wish you well. May 2010 be "a clean and sober year" for you and all of those that seek it ! Peace and strength.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning all,
                  Ushered in the new year in my sleep! New Years Eve parties were always kind of late for me anyway.
                  Everyone's talking about their resolutions, plans for 2010. I'll talk about my plan for today. My middle son (26} leaves tomorrow for Atlanta and 12 job interviews at an economics conference and as mellow a guy as he is, he is a tad nervous. So today I want to spend quiet time with him, maybe help him pack, cook something he loves. My youngest son (24) leaves for California on Sunday. Today I'll help him live through the hang over I'm pretty sure he's going to have.
                  I will exercise today, no matter what. I will not eat any chocolate today.
                  I will try to be nice to my husband today even tho it is so time for him to go back to work.
                  And for one more day I guess I won't drink.
                  Shelley
                  PS: Congrats LBH, and yes, thanks Lav for being available last night. And Dill you keep right on laughing. Cuckoo and Happydays, good luck to you both.

Comment

And Red and Lil, hello and good morning to you both.

Comment

Good morning everyone & Happy New Year!

Thanks for starting our new thread Red, sorry we missed you yesterday! Hope you're feeling better very soon!

Lil & Dill, we should schedule a regular chat time - it was fun yesterday (even if I can't spell anything correctly) I felt strongly about monitoring the December thread last night - just in case anyone needed to talk. Looks like everyone was OK, I glad about that! We should also schedule in some regular laugh time Dill, feels good, doesn't it?

Welcome back to Cucks & Happydays! Stay close & check in frequently, it really helps you maintain your focus

Greetings Ruby! I'm so glad my chronically drunken brother didn't all last night - I know exactly what you're talking about!

Well, I'm putting the pork roast & sauerkraut in the crockpot & running over to my daughter's house to finish up the drywall job we started earlier this week. Fun, fun!

Wishing everyone a happy & healthy 2010!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Shelley - cross post.
                        Happy New Year to you too!
                        LBH - 30 days - Woo Hoo
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning all - Happy New Year's Day! I have had a wonderful morning - Mr Tree is still asleep, and the dogs and I have been having a nice long chat...our home is on the edge of a mountain preserve, and when I went out with the dogs in the pre-dawn, I could see the light of flashlights leading people up the mountain in the far distance. I enjoyed thinking of them watching the moon set and the sun rise on this new decade.

I'm sorry that I couldn't post last night - Lav, you were a tremendous hostess - always here for all of us. I got home (from moving furniture and racing around doing end-of-the-year business) just in time to jump in the shower, do something with my hair, throw on a fancy gown and head out the door to our Ball obligation. Actually, Mr Tree and I managed to carve out some 'together' time in the midst of the loud chaos, and even danced together. ( I can hardly walk this morning, after tottering around on high heels for hours last night). It was a strange and wonderful last day of the year, and one of the best moments was joining in the virtual party here, however briefly, by posting over my phone. What a group this is!

Red - thanks for starting us out - hope you feel better soon. Lil, Dill all new folks, Sped, and all to come, thanks for being here, and I wish you a wonderful start to the year.

LBH - special heartfelt congratulations to you on achieving your AF goal. Your post last night was so heartening and uplifting - "I feel the layers of prison peeling off, one by one" - I will keep that close at hand, along with "strong, free, and wide awake".

To the light!
                          to the light

Comment

Happy new year everyone af today and am aiming to be for January for starters.

Comment

Count me in for a commitment to being sober in 2010--right now my plan is to take it one month at a time. The most I've done is 9 days straight (today is 10), but I believe I can do 30 and then make it to the end of Jan. If I can make it through one day, I can make it through 2....just need to keep alot of alternatives available for those trigger moments.

Feels good to not be alone--thank you all! And know that I'm here for you, too--though I think everyone is much further along than me. I'm glad to be here!:thanks:
                              Openheart
                              "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Working...
                              X