January: Just Do It! ~ AF ~ Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope all is well with everyone this evening. HB had a day off, so he picked the day's activities and I was able to put my work aside. We ended the day with a hour and a half drive through some beautiful AZ country to go to a Playa (dry lake in this instance) where we were to see 28,000 Sand Hill Cranes come to roost at sunset. Unfortunately, we forgot to invite the birds, so they didn't show (so like cranes), but we saw a helluva sunset anyway.

Queen of Sandwich - I love the under-extending plan. And the puzzle accompanied by Serkin - sounds pretty great.

Also love to hear you all talk about seedlings and seed catalogs. When I lived in MN, those catalogs coming in the mail were like a dreamy novel....I can't figure out how to garden here in AZ. Lav - do you use full-spectrum lights to fight the winter blues? I've heard it really helps - thanks also for the feedback on the gluten-free diet.

Captain Sooty - please share the parsnip/carrot soup recipe?!

Thanks to those who asked, I made it through last night's party without a hitch. Very fortunately didn't even have to talk the demon down. I found myself deep in conversation with strangers about meaningful things (a complete rarity at an event like this) and I was OK - OK with myself, OK with them, unbelievable. And woke up happy and sober. whew.

Hang in there, all for whom a Saturday is tricky. I'm conjuring up big AF energy for us all.

Blessings -
    to the light

Comment

Been another busy day in here I see...and everyone hanging tough on a Friday! Fabulous!

Not much to report here...it was the 14 hour day I anticipated. I can relate to the witching place of home, Shelley & Dill. I work from home a lot and I did a lot of drinking and working at the same time. Glad those days are done. Today I was really focused thought of how grateful I am to be AF during this time period of writing, planning, work crunch...life.

Excited to move to the Monthly Abs! Good job us!

Comment

Hi all and welcome to the weekend, I guess is in order. Thank you for the kind support as usual.

I am at the end of my Saturday, and heading for the completion of 10 days AF. I won't have any option to drink tonight even supposing I wanted to (which I don't) as I have charge of a two year old grandson. I am very excited at the prospect of getting through a second weekend. Every day the thought of alcohol gets pushed even further to the back of my mind, despite having to walk past - and even dust (!) the dozens of bottles on the wine rack. Admittedly I do that in the middle of general housework and I've never been one to desire a drink before the middle of the evening so it's probably not the temptation that it sounds. I found in the first week of being AF that I thought about alcohol a lot - not in connection with missing it, nor wanting a drink, but just the feeling of exhilaration at not drinking - I was counting the days over and over and so proud. But now it's beginning to feel normal that I do not drink, to the extent that I am now going all day without alcohol even entering my head. I know the temptation will arise, I know at some point I will have to use all my powers to resist the temptation to give in to 'just one' but for now, I am happily sober, thanks to all the help and support I have had here.

Hope everyone in the snowy northern hemisphere is nicely tucked up.

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone!

Mandalay

Comment

Hi Mandalay
          im just beinging my sat and day 9 AF... like you i have been proudly countling the days.
          It has been a week of highs and lows, highs from the exhilaration of waking up hangover free every morning! The lows have not been bad and mainly due to my lack of sleep which is still in turmoil.

Congrats on another AF weekend!
          Chill
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Reminder: Just Do It ~ Week 2 starts today and we have moved the thread to the Monthly Abstinence section. See you there!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
            X