Still here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still here...

shirazgirl;786056 wrote: I don't think it is naive. For me, the rewards of being completely AF were so huge that I just wanted to eliminate the burning question. I think I was like Dorothy from the land of Oz, I had the answer the entire time. I just had to see for myself. There are some people that are successful moderators, but unfortunately, for most, it just doesn't work.

I do not want to discourage you because that is the reason why most of came here to begin with. The thought of moderation appeals to most of us. I wish I was a person who could, but I know I cant. Once something "shifted" in my brain, I don't see how it could ever go back. I was desperate in my effort to hold on to the drink, searching websites, reading books, but in the end, the truth eventually reveals itself.

Stay here and let us know how you are doing. Best of luck in journey.
    Thank you, SG. I'm starting to suspect I should be AF, too, but may get there in stages. I appreciate all your wisdom, honesty and encouragement. I'm 46, and I don't know if that shift happened a long time ago, or if I still have a chance to be able to drink occasionally without setting in motion another downward slide. I admire how you did your little test New Year's Eve and knew when to stop, but also knew you wanted more, and recognized that as an important sign.

Best to you, too. :thanks:

Comment

Still here...

Hi SG!
      Happy new year!!
      I guess I would not consider NYE a slipup or hiccup, you stuck to your guns! Just my opinion. I considered drinking NYE as well but kept the proverbial lid on al.
      Sorry to hear about your accidents. Isnt it a relief to know you are sober behind the wheel?

Comment

Working...
      X